Director (Head), Diversity & Inclusion | Unique Clean-Slate “Building” Opportunity | Fast Growing Biopharma | NJ
Our client is a profitable and quickly growing biopharma company focused on developing new innovative therapies in the oncology space. This is an exciting time within the organization as they are going through a transformational phase, and continuing to build out a dynamic high-caliber HR function is a priority. As the head of this new Diversity & Inclusion function, you will be responsible for building/designing and executing the company’s D&I strategy, overseeing Employee Resource Groups, integrating D&I initiatives across HR to help cultivate and embed a diverse and inclusive culture across the organization. There is a lot of “creation” in this role, so the right person for this position will have done both the strategy/design as well as the execution/tactical components. This is a brand new role to the organization which truly represents the company’s commitment and focus to this D&I area.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to come in and really make this your own, put your own imprints on this function and truly impact the entire organization, while also working closely with a highly respected and accomplished executive leadership team.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS COMPANY & OPPORTUNITY:
- Unique “Clean-Slate” Opportunity: This is an exciting opportunity to “design/create” the company’s D&I strategy, as well as launching, executing, and sustaining it. You will play a focal role in helping to shape the organization and so your impact will be significant.
- Perfect Time to Join: This is a great time to join one of the hottest companies in the biopharmaceutical industry as they are in an exciting transformational phase – which you will be an important part of and have the chance to come in and create the company’s first footprints in this area.
- Enjoy the Best of Both Worlds: Join a stable and profitable company with an exciting development pipeline focused on novel therapeutics, while also getting all the pluses of working for a fast-growing company that really functions like a start-up (high impact/exposure, autonomy, collaboration, doing both the strategy and beginning-to-end execution).
- Fantastic Hiring Manager: You will report into an experienced and highly-regarded department Head (with whom we have an excellent/longstanding relationship) and work closely with Executive Leadership and other Functional Heads.
- Exciting Oncology R&D Pipeline / Impressive Growth Trajectory: Leveraged by its technology and robust/promising drug development oncology pipeline, this company is well-positioned for continued success and sustained long-term growth.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL:
- Responsible for the development and execution of the Diversity and Inclusion strategic plan and programs to ensure the optimal attraction, development and retention of diverse talent.
- Identifies the organization’s D&I needs and developing an infrastructure, programs, policies and initiatives that meet those needs.
- Ensures D&I principals are embedded into multiple HR Functions and processes.
- Responsible for translating industry and best practice trends into scalable D&I initiatives. Ability to present on trends and D&I strategy to senior leadership to obtain alignment and commitment on initiatives and goals.
- Engage leaders across the organization to further D&I priorities and look for opportunities to embed D&I concepts and efforts within the business.
- Utilizes metrics to assess workforce demographic trends to ensure diversity and inclusion goals are being met; Engage with leadership to build and track organizational D&I scorecard.
- Identifies and executes on the company’s short- and long-term diversity and inclusion objectives and priorities.
- Accountable for identifying and partnering with key external groups to build the company’s reputation as leading diverse employer.
- Build and manage, in partnership with employee volunteers, Business and Employee Resource Groups.
- Responsible for developing initiatives in conjunction with all areas of HR and in partnership with business functions to support diversity and inclusion at the company.
- Plans and executes diversity and inclusion focused programs such as monthly cultural events, professional development and diversity networks.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant human resources experience, including 5+ years of experience in a Diversity & Inclusion role.
- Extensive experience designing and executing new programs and processes.
- Expert knowledge of best practices regarding D&I initiatives in the market.
- Ability to translate metrics, research and trends into strategy into discernable strategic initiatives and measurable actions.
Brian Skurka | Partner
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: 973-656-0220 x738
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP, LLC
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
RECENTLY COMPLETED RETAINED SEARCHES BY CORNERSTONE:
- Chief Medical Officer | Clinical-stage cell therapy biotech | NYC
- Chief Scientific Officer | Mid-size global biotech | NJ
- President/US Commercial Head | OSD Generics start-up
- VP, Oncology Drug Development | Early/later-stage oncology biotech | NJ/NYC
- VP, Clinical Operations | Clinical-stage gene therapy biotech | Philadelphia
- VP, Clinical Operations | Oncology start-up biotech | NJ
- ED, Clinical R&D, Oncology | Early-stage I-O biotech | Boston/Cambridge
- Head of Human Resources | Clinical-stage cell/gene therapy biotech
- Head of Talent Acquisition| Mid-size rare disease biotech
- Senior Director (Head), Global Clinical Operations | Cell/Gene Therapy Biotech | NYC
- Medical Director, Clinical Development Oncology | NYC/NJ area
- Director (Head), Talent Management | Mid-size biotech | NY/NJ area