Director (Head), Compensation | Exciting Transformation Phase | Successful & Fast Growing Biopharma | NJ
Our client is a profitable and quickly growing biopharma company focused on developing novel therapies in the oncology/I-O space. This is an exciting time within the organization as they are going through a transformational phase, and continuing to build out an innovative high-caliber HR function is a priority, including this key role as the head of Compensation. They are seeking a dynamic individual with proven experience in being able to effectively navigate change, developing/executing compensation philosophy/strategy/programs, who has the patience to fix combined with the ability to build as the company embarks on this new chapter in its growth.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to come in and really make this your own/put your own imprints on this function and organization, while also working closely with a highly-regarded and accomplished HR Leadership team.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS COMPANY & OPPORTUNITY:
- Unique Opportunity: This is an exciting opportunity where you will play an important role that will help shape this new chapter in the company’s evolution.
- Enjoy the Best of Both Worlds: Join a stable and profitable company with an exciting development pipeline focused on novel therapeutics, while also getting all the pluses of working for a fast-growing company that really functions like a biotech (high impact/exposure, autonomy, collaboration, hands-on, fast pace, etc).
- Perfect Time to Join: This is a great time to join this company as they are in an exciting transformational phase – which you will be an important part of, as well as taking part in key Global projects that will shape the future of this.
- High-Impact Role: This is a critical role within the organization which truly represents the company’s commitment to transforming HR and creating more efficient processes for the continued long-term success of the company.
- Exciting Oncology R&D Pipeline: Leveraged by its technology and robust/promising drug development oncology pipeline, this company is well-positioned for continued success and sustained long-term growth.
- Excellent Hiring Manager: You will report into an experienced and highly-regarded department Head and work closely with a very accomplished/respected HR Leadership team.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL:
- Partners with senior management to develop and deliver a company-wide strategy that drives an excellent employee experience that enables employees to bring their very best to serve patients.
- Responsible for developing and executing compensation philosophy, strategy, and programs that enable the company to attract and retain top talent to contribute to bringing life changing medicines to patients.
- Develops, implements, communicates and interprets corporate compensation philosophy, market strategy, and salary administration practices.
- Manages, develops, ensures effective governance and evaluates effectiveness of compensation programs and services.
- Works closely with senior management to ensure the Compensation philosophy aligns with the company strategy in order to meet the needs of the People Strategy and business objectives.
- Establishes and maintains a career framework and salary structure including ranges to determine parameters for allowable salary increases. Oversees the job evaluation process, ensuring a consistent methodology. Oversees maintenance of market pricing online tool, and market analysis for individual employees or groups. Develops market analysis assumptions for market adjustment template.
- Contributes to the global compensation strategy and approach.
- Ensures a compliant and effective governance process for all compensation issues.
- Responsible for short- and long-term incentive design, eligibility and targets, measures and payout mechanics.
- Oversees employee recognition program, including program design and policy, training, communication and vendor management.
- Utilizes external and internal data to conduct yearly salary budgeting analysis and establish recommendations to adjustments of compensation program guidelines. Analyzes and recommends salary increase budgets, reward matrices and performance modifiers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant compensation experience ideally in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
- Expert knowledge of job evaluation techniques, incentive design, and salary administration policy formulation.
- Strong knowledge of compensation theory and practice. Understanding of best practice compensation programs and policies.
- Strong collaboration and business partnering skills and ability to influence middle and senior management.
Brian Skurka | Partner
E: email@example.com | P: 973-656-0220 x738
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP, LLC – Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Recently Completed Retained Searches by Cornerstone:
- Chief Medical Officer | Clinical-stage cell therapy biotech | NYC
- Chief Scientific Officer | Mid-size global biotech | NJ
- President/US Commercial Head | OSD Generics start-up
- VP, Oncology Drug Development | Early/later-stage oncology biotech | NJ/NYC
- VP, Clinical Operations | Clinical-stage gene therapy biotech | Philadelphia
- VP, Clinical Operations | Clinical-stage oncology biotech | NJ
- ED, Clinical R&D, Oncology | Early-stage I-O biotech | Boston/Cambridge
- ED, Early Development, I-O | Mid-size onc/I-O biopharma | Philadelphia
- Head of Human Resources | Clinical-stage cell/gene therapy biotech
- Senior Director (Head), Global Clinical Operations | Cell/Gene Therapy Biotech | NYC
- Medical Director, Clinical Development Oncology | Boston/Cambridge
- Head of Talent Acquisition| Clinical-stage rare disease biotech | Philadelphia