Director, Field HEOR Liaison – East Region – Top Comp: RETAINED SEARCH
A multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company has retained Cornerstone Search Group’s HEOR / Market Access Practice in order to help them identify a Director, Field HEOR Liaison (East Region). Some of the attractive/unique features about this opportunity include:
- Unlike the Field HEOR positions at many other companies, this is a Director-level role.
- You will manage multiple products across 3 therapeutic areas, including planning for a 2020 launch.
- Regions at this company include every type of payor in that region, including National, Regional, LTC, IDNS, etc.
- Highly-Competitive Compensation Package: Our client can be highly competitive when it comes to salary and total compensation, including a highly competitive base salary, bonus, Long-Term Incentives and company car. Also, our client will take into consideration a forfeiture of annual bonus and unvested long-term incentives (stock/options/cash).
- Geographic Focus: You can be based anywhere in the East/Mid-Atlantic Region.
- Excellent Hiring Manager: We placed the hiring manager with this company and the individual has excellent experience, is down-to-earth, and is a very clear communicator.
Responsibilities in a Nutshell:
In a nutshell, this critical field-based liaison role involves a combination of field-based liaison activities and HEOR based activities. Primarily, this role involves the development and execution of region-specific payor communication plans for delivering the evidence-based HEOR value proposition. During execution of these communication plans, the liaison is tasked with ensuring the delivery of scientifically credible and consistent key value messages to public and private payor segments. You will act as a conduit between the external payor environment and the HQ-based HEOR team to ensure that HEOR strategies and tactics are robust in filling key performance and evidence gaps from a payor perspective. The responsibilities also include the continuous evaluation of region-specific and account-specific scientific information needs and integrating that knowledge into HQ’s HEOR. Finally, the liaison will help establish and maintain research collaborations with key external payor decision makers and HTA agencies as needed.
Responsibilities in detail include:
- Deliver the evidence-based economic value proposition through formulary presentations of HEOR data, economic models and dossiers to region-specific public and private payors.
- Partner with HQ-based HEOR staff and act as their conduit to the external payor environment by identifying and communicating the payors’ needs.
- Provide assistance to HQ HEOR in the development of payor tools/dossiers to demonstrate the value from a payor perspective to support pricing defense, reimbursement and market/formulary access and utilization goals.
- Contribute to the development of value/AMCP dossier for submission to formulary committees and collaborating with Medical Information for periodic dossier updates.
- Partner with Regional Medical Affairs teams to execute a robust region-specific HEOR liaison communication plan.
- Provide input into the development and implementation of payor/plan specific HEOR research studies and health-plan specific “analyzer” tools for use with customers.
- Demonstrate leadership in the area of evidence-based medicine, which includes identifying and leading the region-specific “comparative effectiveness” research debate with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and cultivate research collaborations with opinion leaders and payer influencers in practice and in academia, and conduct real-world effectiveness gap studies in relevant indications.
- Attend scientific meetings and professional conferences for the purpose of presenting HEOR research / data and to facilitate the scientific exchange with key opinion leaders.
- Assist in the training of Account Managers and other company field-based teams and colleagues as needed.
- Develop strong credibility among the account decision makers based on trust and providing compelling, transparent HEOR evidence.
- Consultatively support region-specific accounts in the areas of HE and OR, including comparative effectiveness research, and education to payer decision makers that supports product value.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- PhD, PharmD, MPH, or MS in a relevant field of study (pharmacy administration, epidemiology, economics, etc.)
- Prior Field HEOR or Payer experience is a must, preferably with at least some psychiatry (Schizophrenia / depression / bi-polar / etc.) or at least other CNS indications.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience (can be a combination of Field HEOR, in-house HEOR, and MSL).
- Open and flexible personality.
Rita Boyle | Partner – Co-Lead, Market Access/HEOR Practice
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Sr. Partner – Co-Lead, Market Access/HEOR Practice
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA
CH: 41 61 508 7010
Key words: Health Economics Outcomes Research, Field HEOR, HE/OR, HE & OR, HECOR, OL, Liaison, Managed Care, Medical Outcomes Science, Clinical Value & Outcomes, Pharmacoeconomics Specialist, MCL