Director, Clinical Operations | “First-in-Class” Oncology Therapies | Exciting & Fast Growing Biotech | NJ/Philly: RETAINED SEARCH
Our client is an innovative biotech company focused on developing and commercializing first-in-class treatments for a variety of oncology indications. This is a very exciting time within the organization, with recent approval for one of their novel cancer drugs as well as continuing to progress with other pipeline assets/compounds in early-late stage development. This company has been attracting top-notch industry professionals and offers an exciting biotech culture,” (i.e. small team camaraderie, fast-paced, nimble, collaborative work environment where smart decisions are made quickly minus the red tape/bureaucracy), as well as an impressive senior leadership team of highly-accomplished industry executives. This is a great opportunity to join an exciting company at an important time in its growth and have the ability to truly impact the organization and its continued success. As opposed to being a small fish in a big pond at a large organization, you will be a visible part of this company’s strategy, direction, and success.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS COMPANY & OPPORTUNITY:
- Unique Hands-on Leadership Opportunity: Play a focal role in helping to shape the organization/direction and have a significant impact on the company’s continued success.
- Exciting Biotech Culture: The company offers all the attractive features sought with a smaller fast-paced biotech company (autonomy, small team camaraderie, high-impact, agility, minimal layers/bureaucracy) which fosters more collaboration, communication and swifter decision making (i.e. emphasis on progress and moving things forward).
- Perfect Time to Join: This is a great time to join this company as they are progressing with multiple pipeline compounds.
- Fantastic Hiring Manager: You will report into an excellent hiring manager/Department Head (whom we know personally) who is smart, personable, well-liked and well-respected.
- Innovative “First-in-Class” Cancer Therapies: Leveraged by its unique approach, novel technology platform and exciting pipeline of first-in-class oncology assets, this company is well-positioned for continued success and growth.
- Ability to Make a Real Difference: As opposed to being a small fish in a larger more compartmentalized organization, you will work in a lean, entrepreneurial and collaborative environment where you will have the autonomy and visibility to make a significant impact on the company’s success, as well as in the lives of patients suffering from a variety of cancers.
- Lead in-house clinical operations for defined development programs; accountable for operational strategic planning, oversight and delivery of clinical development programs.
- Establish vision, mission, and accountability for critical objectives within Clinical Operations group.
- Actively participate in the growth of the Clinical Operational department and build processes and infrastructure according to best industry practices.
- Provide strategic input into the development of clinical development plans and trial protocols to ensure clinical designs are implementable to efficiently achieve the objectives.
- Establish aggressive but credible timelines and budget for delivery of clinical trials.
- Oversee, coach and develop staff responsible for delivery of clinical trials.
- Identify and evaluate potential clinical partners which may include investigator and vendors necessary to execute clinical programs.
- Contribute to the development of strategic direction for the following aspects of assigned studies: operational feasibility, financial and recruitment modeling, implementation planning, protocol development, vendor selection, patient recruitment strategies, financial forecasting, and overall operational strategy.
- Proactively define with the cross functional development team, the program strategy, goals, decision points and potential areas of risk and risk mitigation.
- Provide operational input into lifecycle development plans including scenario planning, high-level forecasting of timelines, assessment of program-level feasibility, estimation of resources and budget.
- Responsible for collaborating effectively with internal and external partners and for ensuring alignment of operational program strategies, goals and deliverables.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in a scientific or life sciences or related field. An advanced degree is desirable.
- At least 8 years of progressive clinical operations experience working at a pharmaceutical and/or biotech company.
- Oncology experience, including managing large complex global trials, is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to thrive in a small, fast-paced and hands-on work environment.
Brian Skurka | Partner
E: email@example.com | P: 973-656-0220 x738
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Recently Completed Retained Searches by Cornerstone:
- Chief Medical Officer | Clinical-stage cell therapy biotech | NYC
- CEO | Generic injectable start-up
- Chief Scientific Officer | Mid-size global biotech | NJ/NY area
- President/US Commercial Head | OSD Generics start-up
- VP, Oncology Drug Development | Early/later-stage oncology biotech
- SVP, Clinical Operations | Clinical-stage biotech | Boston
- SVP, Head of Global Regulatory Affairs | Late-stage Israeli biotech
- VP, Head of R&D Operations | Late-stage cell therapy biotech
- VP, Clinical Operations | Oncology start-up biotech | Philadelphia
- ED, Clinical R&D, Oncology | Early-stage I-O biotech | NYC area
- ED, Early Development, I-O | Top 10 Onc/I-O Co | Philadelphia area
- Senior Director & Head, Global Clinical Operations | Gene Therapy Biotech | NYC
- Medical Director, Clinical Development Oncology | NYC/NJ area
- Head, Clinical Trial Management| Clinical-stage gene therapy biotech | Philadelphia
Keywords: Director, Clinical Operations, study management, trial management, oncology, hematology, immunology, rare diseases, orphan drugs, biotech, NJ, Philadelphia, Princeton, Associate Director