Director/AD, Sr. HR Business Partner: Publicly-traded, innovative and flexible Biotech – NYC
SUMMARY: A very innovative and attractive global biotechnology company is currently searching for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Director or Associate Director-level) for their NYC office.
The position itself offers a great deal of opportunity for someone that is a go-getter and wants to do more than your standard inside the box type of HR position. You will report to the global head and partner and act as a trusted advisor to contribute to the engagement and growth of the organization and deliver on key HR outcomes. As a critical global business partner across multiple departments, you will develop relationships with key senior leadership/executives in order to drive strategic initiatives.
Our client offers a flexible work-life balance to include multiple days working from home. They are publicly traded, have very attractive platform technology and a strong pipeline across several therapeutic areas.
POSITION: Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Director or Associate Director-level)
LOCATION: New York City
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS POSITION AND COMPANY:
- Innovative Company: Work for a unique biotechnology company which is focusing on innovative/ground-breaking/life-saving therapies.
- Opportunity to work across all levels of the organization and truly be able to influence positive growth within the culture/environment.
- Stability & Growth: As compared to a typical Biotech Company, our client has a strong multi-therapeutic pipeline (multiple phase III studies) and is publicly traded. In other words, they are not a “one compound company.” They are also well funded and have been around for 15+ years.
- Stock Options/Compensation: Our client offers competitive compensation packages and you will also receive a generous amount of stock options.
- Unique Culture: Work in a very collegial, fast-paced environment that allows for faster decision-making and creative approaches to getting things done.
- Provide coaching and advice to leaders, line managers and employees to ensure the implementation and maintenance of effective workplace management practices.
- Provide problem solving resolution- judgement, decision making.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic human resource plans and policies that support company vision, values and business priorities.
- Provide responsive support and coaching to line managers and employee workforce management including recruitment, employee’s performance, teamwork, resolution of grievances, complaints and organizational alignment.
- Coordinate or assist in investigations where appropriate and other related workforce management matters.
- Advise and support in the development and implementation of performance management, leadership management and resolution of performance matters.
- Conduct job evaluations via established process to ensure an equitable process of establishing job levels and pay relativities.
- Develop, communicate, implement, and review HR policies and procedures that support the organization and reflect current best practices.
- Coordinate all aspects of employee management to maximize employee performance in line with the company’s strategic objectives whilst ensuring policy, procedures, agreed programs and equity is maintained.
- Work closely with payroll to ensure timely and accurate processing of transactions regarding people management tasks in HRIS system.
- Evaluate and recommend approaches for sourcing, attracting, appointing, and retaining employees within the function.
- Provide interview training and support for hiring managers.
- Coordinate the Functions’ attraction and retention process.
- Prepare all the termination documentation to off-board voluntarily and involuntarily departing employees.
- Coordinate, conduct and document exit interviews.
- Implement and manage Covid protocols in line with policies
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience with a concentration within HR Business Partner responsibilities.
- A strategic mindset that looks at Human Resources beyond just operationally managing employees.
- Working for a global company/having global responsibility is strongly preferred.
- Previous Pharma/Biotech experience is not required.
Cornerstone Search Group considers all inquiries, resume submissions, and any other personal information submitted/shared with us as confidential information. Any information provided/shared with us will not be shared with any parties outside of Cornerstone Search Group without your prior permission.
Thomas J. Fascia | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
PO Box 5657 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA