Clinical Site Engagement Manager (Remote-Based – West Coast) | Fast Growing Biotech | Unique New “Ground-Floor” Opportunity: RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone Search Group has been retained by an attractive, well-funded, and rapidly growing Global Biotech company that is expanding its presence here in the U.S. and building up its Clinical Operations team. This is a unique newly created role where you will serve as a key “face of the organization” in the U.S. and utilize your experience from both a clinical operations/trial management/patient recruitment perspective and building/cultivating key relationships with Investigators/Physicians and key study/site personnel.
Given the smaller company environment, our client is seeking someone who is flexible, creative-minded, enjoys rolling up their sleeves, and has a strong scientific foundation/understanding. As opposed to being a small fish in a big pond at a large organization, you will be a very visible and integral part of this company’s continued success and have the chance to truly impact and grow internally.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS COMPANY & OPPORTUNITY:
- Unique Newly-Created Role: As our client is growing quickly and expanding its presence globally, you will play a key role in helping to build the company’s presence here, and serve as a key “face of the company” in the US.
- Visibility & Impact: You will report directly to the Head of Clinical Operations. Also, being a smaller-sized company, our client operates much leaner than Big Pharma, which will lend itself to more visibility/exposure, ability to truly impact, as well as internal growth opportunities.
- “Best of Both Worlds”: The company offers all the attractive features sought with a smaller clinical-stage Biotech (small team camaraderie, impact, agile, swift decision-making, minimal bureaucracy), while also getting the stability and financial security of an established parent company.
- Perfect Time to Join: This is an exciting time to join the company as they are starting to grow rapidly and expanding their Clinical Operations team globally.
- Great Company Culture: Work for a company that prides itself on having an excellent work culture - collaborative, autonomous, forward-thinking, creativity, and inclusive where people are engaged, enthusiastic, and have a patient-focused mindset.
LOCATION: This is a remote-based position and the strong preference is for this person to live on the West Coast.
- Support Global Clinical Operations Department by engaging, developing and maintaining relationships with clinical investigation sites.
- Build and cultivate key strategic relationships with investigators participating in the Company’s clinical studies and developing strategic clinical relationships with physicians/KOLs and key study site personnel.
- Identifies, creates and implements novel recruitment tactics.
- Work closely with the clinical trial sites in a patient recruitment capacity to help identify new patients.
- Collaborate with KOLs and internal and external stakeholders to ensure operational excellence for the Company’s study plans.
- Provide clinical support for all activities from initiation through closeout, making sure the sites are achieving the appropriate levels of enrollment and recruitment targets through active engagement with the Principal Investigators and site visits
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with ability to identify opportunities for deeper site engagement in clinical trials.
- Provide operational expertise to sites through ownership/management to ensure the engagement of highly motivated clinical investigators, which enables the company to maximize efficient and timely delivery of our clinical trials.
- Define and implement strategies for engaging clinical sites and investigators.
- Evaluate, screen and develop high quality investigative sites to support the Company’s clinical development programs.
- Ensure collaboration with key internal & external stakeholders, as well as third party vendors.
- Work with strategic partners to ensure alignment on systems and processes for identifying and engaging sites.
EDUCATION & DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in a scientific or life sciences discipline. An advanced degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant clinical trial experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry and proven experience in building/developing key relationships with Site Investigators/Physicians.
- Hands-on experience in a patient recruitment/enrollment capacity.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and creative environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel to sites across the western US region.
- Ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable.
Brian Skurka | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x738
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC
350 Main Street | Chatham, New Jersey 07054 USA
RECENTLY COMPLETED RETAINED SEARCHES BY CORNERSTONE:
- Chief Medical Officer | Clinical-stage cell therapy biotech
- Chief Scientific Officer | Mid-size global biotech
- President/US Commercial Head | OSD Generics start-up
- VP, Oncology Drug Development | Early/later-stage oncology biotech
- VP, Global Clinical Operations | Clinical-stage biotech
- Head of Human Resources | Clinical-stage cell therapy biotech
- Head of Talent Acquisition| Clinical-stage rare disease biotech
- VP, Clinical Operations | Oncology start-up biotech
- ED, Clinical R&D, Oncology | Early-stage I-O biotech
- ED, Early Development, I-O | Top 10 Onc/I-O biopharma
- Senior Director, HR/Talent Acquisition | Cell therapy biotech
- Medical Director, Clinical Development Oncology