Clinical Research Scientist – Transition from Academia into Pharma/Biotech Industry | Innovative & Cutting Edge Oncology/I-O Therapies | Top 20 Pharma | Boston, MA Area
A unique opportunity to move your career from academia/research into the Pharmaceutical Industry where you will have a chance to develop innovative Oncology/I-O therapies from bench to bedside. This is an exciting opportunity to get your foot in the door into the pharma industry where you can learn, grow, advance and gain valuable clinical development experience (Phase I, II and III) with an attractive and rapidly growing global biopharma company that has a very impressive and diverse early-late stage oncology/I-O development pipeline.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS COMPANY & OPPORTUNITY:
- Unique opportunity: Attractive chance to move your career into the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry with a leading pharma.
- Impactful Role on High-Profile I-O Program: You will be an integral part of developing an extremely promising new I-O cell therapy discovered by one of the most respected and revered Cancer Academic Research & Medical Centers in the world.
- Enjoy the Best of Both Worlds: Enjoy the minimal layers of management and swift decision making of a biotech culture, while also enjoying the financial stability and the financial strength of an established global biopharma (i.e. more financial and human capital resources, more assets, better compensation and benefits, etc.).
- Strong Collaborations / Financial Strength/ R&D Spend: Join an oncology company with a track record of establishing multiple collaborations with top oncology academic research centers, and with other innovative biotech companies too in a highly competitive marketplace. This company has strong revenues, profits, cash & market cap that invests heavily in its annual R&D.
- Excellent Hiring Manager: Report into a very highly-regarded and well-respected hiring manager/Department Head (whom we know very well and have an excellent relationship with).
- Competitive Compensation/Benefits: This company offers a very competitive compensation package and an extensive benefits package (strong LTI, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan & much more).
RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL:
- Contribute to/Lead the scientific and medical review of clinical data across multiple studies in immuno-oncology and participate in the creation, maintenance, and execution of clinical development plan that will result in the regulatory approval of the compound in multiple regions.
- Represents Clinical Science on US/EU Development Teams.
- Participates in a multi-disciplinary, matrix team ensuring that scientific issues are appropriately considered with respect to highly complex data findings.
- Supports the Global Development Team to ensure that the US/EU Development Team activities are aligned with the global strategy.
- Provides critical evaluation of the development strategy to maintain a state-of-the-art development plan that is competitive and consistent with the latest regulatory requirements, proactive identification of challenges, and development of contingency plans.
- Contributes to high impact global decisions: monitoring and interpreting data from ongoing internal and external studies and making recommendations that impact regional and global development such as “go/no go” decisions or modification of development plans or study designs.
- Contributes to the development of protocol synopsis, obtaining scientific and corporate review committee approval including presentation and defense of the Synopses during review committee meetings, review and approval of documents related to study protocols.
- Provides scientific contributions and overall content approval of written responses required by IRB / Ethics Committees and critical study training meetings.
- Responsible for review of study data, interpretation of results and communication of study conclusions within the company.
- Influences establishment of strategy for assigned compound, and the development of documents required to outline the company’s positions on research programs or regulatory applications.
- Interacts directly with research division based on pertinent clinical and development expertise to provide knowledge / understanding of market environment.
- Contribute to Clinical Development Plan, protocol, IB, eCRF, SAP, CSR development, as well as other critical study documents.
EDUCATION & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced scientific degree (PhD, PharmD or MSc) is required.
- Experience ideally working on Oncology clinical trials / studies as it relates to the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Sufficient grounding in the principles of the scientific method of the immune system, coupled with experience in oncology/cell therapy drug development to lead internal and external projects across the spectrum of R&D (early and late phase).
Courtland T. Miras | Director
P: 973-656-0220 x737
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
RECENTLY COMPLETED RETAINED SEARCHES BY CORNERSTONE:
- CEO | US Country Head, Specialty Pharma
- CMO | NYC biotech, Cellular Therapy
- CMO | Reports to CEO | Leads 100+ | Early/later-stage Biotech | Boston area
- CSO | Reports to President | Leads 850+ | Hem/Onc/IO TAs | EU based
- VP, Oncology Drug Development | Reports to CMO | Leads 20+ | Early/later-stage Biotech | Boston
- VP & Head of Research & Development, Oncology | Reports to CMO | Early-stage Biotech | NYC
- VP, Head of Clinical Operations
- ED, Early Development, IO | Reports to Head, IO Early R&D | Top 10 Onc/IO Co | Philadelphia area
- ED, Clinical R&D, Onc | Reports to Head. Clinical R&D Onc | Preclinical Onc/IO Biotech | NYC area
- ED, Head of Program Management | Boston Biotech
- SD, Clinical Research, Oncology | Boston Area Biopharma Oncology Leader
- SD, Clinical Development, Immuno-Oncology | Cambridge Area Global Oncology Leader
Keywords: Program, Asset, Oncology, Hematology, Immuno-Oncology, Cancer, IND, NDA, Protocol, Clinical Development Plan, CDP, Clinical Study Report, CSR, Filing, Submission, Regulatory, Clinical Research, Clinical Development, Global, Clinical Science, R&D, Scientific, Clinical Research Scientist, Director, Lead, Cell Therapy, CAR T, immunology, academia, Phase I, clinical trials, I-O