Clinical Ops Program/Group Leader (Oncology/Hem) | Critical leadership role | Top Biotech/Top comp. | Work from home option: RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone Search Group has been retained by a world-renowned Biotech with an excellent reputation that continues to grow an already incredibly attractive/leading biologics pipeline that includes multiple first and best in class treatments (including multiple programs with Breakthrough Designation status).
Our client is seeking a high-performing senior/executive-level Clinical Operations professional to lead the dynamic operational and strategic growth of their Hematology Portfolio. In this newly created leadership role, you will manage and grow a larger team while also having the critical responsibility for strategic operational leadership (including cross-functional collaboration) across a top-notch senior-level Clinical Development team.
While our client has experienced incredible growth and stability over the past decade, they strive to preserve their forward-thinking biotech culture by continuing to hire leaders with scientific curiosity and a “get things done” mentality.
COMPENSATION/RELOCATION: Compensation (base, bonus, stock options and restricted stock) will be highly competitive and they can offer a robust relocation package and sign-on bonuses to cover unvested stock and unpaid annual bonuses.
LOCATION/WORK FROM HOME: Our client is based in the NY/NJ Pharma/Biotech market. They have multiple locations and are willing to offer certain flexibilities depending on where you live within NY/NJ/PA/CT. Furthermore, our client is open to allowing someone to work remotely, for the right candidate that can handle this level of autonomy and that also has the flexibility to be at the office when times are critical.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY:
- Pioneering Clinical Operations Strategies: This is an opportunity to work within a Clinical Research and Operations group that is at the forefront of the latest and most forward-thinking operational strategies. They are doing things differently in order to enable critical therapies to get to patients quicker and more efficiently.
- Senior/Executive-level Role: Given the size of our client’s pipeline, the leadership responsibility that you will incur across the Hematology portfolio is akin to serving as a senior-most Clinical Operations leader at a smaller Biotech organization. As such, compensation/long-term incentive package confirm this.
- Flexibility: Given that our client is looking for a top-performing Clinical Operations leader, they respect that this type of individual can handle a flexible schedule and still “get things done”, and thus work-at-home flexibility is afforded with the understanding that all critical meetings need to be attended in person.
- Newly-Created Role driven by rapid growth of their cutting-edge Hematology/Oncology pipeline that has fast tracked assets with the opportunity to truly make a difference in patients’ lives.
- Financial Stability & Opportunity: Our client is incredibly stable and positioned for continued rapid growth for many years to come. As they have grown, they have not rested on their laurels. They maintain their forward-thinking culture, but also have the resources available now that make them incredibly successful and attractive to work for.
- Growing Team: You are joining at a great time. You will have the opportunity to play a large role in the growth of the Hematology/Oncology franchise.
- Serve as the senior-most leader in Clinical Operations responsible for direct reports, cross-functional collaboration and overall strategic management of the Hematology portfolio.
- Take ownership of Clinical Operations activities related to quality, timelines and budgets and conduct of clinical research studies.
- Collaborate and manage senior-level internal and external relationships with executive management, vendors, collaboration partners and clinical study personnel for clinical operations projects and department initiatives.
- Line management of clinical trial management staff, including responsibility for staff recruitment, development, coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Communicate and implement progress, risks, issues or changes that may impact quality, timelines and budgets.
- Provide strategic operational insight into feasibility, timeline and cost estimates during clinical program/study development.
- Assess and communicate operational trends and areas for improvement to Senior/Executive-level leadership within Hematology/Oncology.
- Drive decision making and integration to all operational considerations for studies within a clinical program and ensure goals are attainable prior to implementation.
- Serve as the point of contact for clinical program and study level escalation.
- Plan, review and implement key metrics and KPIs across studies and within clinical programs to track study progress and address and/or escalate issues.
- Provide innovative and flexible operational solutions and options to the cross functional and development teams.
- Drive the strategy and oversight for vendor selection and management and serve on the CRO Governance team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- BA/BS required. Advanced scientific degree is a plus.
- Pharma/biotech clinical operations experience in clinical-stage Hematology/Oncology is required.
- 10-15+ years of Clinical Operations / Trial Management experience.
- Direct report/people management experience is required.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, creative, and scientific culture that requires a “can-do” attitude and a desire to figure out ways to get the job done right and in a timely fashion.
Thomas Fascia | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Recent Retained Searches:
- CMO | late-stage public biotech
- CMO | mid-size public pharma
- CSO | mid-size Global Biotech
- SVP, Head of Global Medical Affairs | mid-size Oncology company
- SVP, Head of Global Regulatory Affairs | late-stage Israeli biotech
- Group VP, Global Commercial Head | API Business Unit
- VP, Head of R&D Operations | Boston biotech
- VP, Head of Health Economics & Outcomes Research | Top CNS Specialty Pharma
- VP, Head of Real-World Evidence | Top 5 Pharma
- VP, Head of Heme/Onc Clinical Research | Public Oncology Biotech
- Executive Director, Head of Global Clinical Pharmacology | Public Oncology Biotech
- Executive Director, Head of US Drug Safety & PV | Top Chinese Biotech
- Medical Director, Clinical Development | Boston biotech
- Medical Director, Translational Medicine, Neuroscience | Top 5 biotech firm
Keywords: Clinical, Operations, Project, Program, Global, Trial, Study, Phase, Early, Late, PoC, Proof, Concept, Indication, Protocol, Investigator, PI, Patient, Drug, Asset, Product, Site, Compliance, Monitor, Safety, Data, Database, Recruit, Lock, Development, Plan, CDP, Research, R&D, Lead, Manage, Supervise, Sr, Senior, Executive, Management, Analyze, Analysis, Budget, NDA, BLA, FDA, Filing, Regulatory, Medical, Cancer, Hematology, Haematology, Oncology, Oncologist, Hematologist, Immunologist, IO, I-O, I/O, Immune-oncology, Immuno-oncology, Heme-Onc, Hema-Onc, car-t, bsab, mab, monoclonal antibody