Clinical Oncology Relationship Lead – APAC | Unique & High-Impact Role | Remote Based – Asia | Quickly Growing Biotech: RETAINED SEARCH
Our client has a unique new position as the “face of the organization” for the APAC region, where you will utilize your experience building/developing key relationships with oncologists/KOLs/Investigators to further the company’s presence in this key region. As one of the most important and critical roles within the Global organization, you will have a direct and visible impact on the company’s continued growth and success, while focusing on their Global Phase 3 registration study for a very promising drug to treat breast cancer patients.
Our client is an attractive, stable, and fast-growing biotech company (publicly-traded) focused in oncology. This is a very exciting time within the organization, as they have been growing across a number of departments, and this is a great opportunity to join a young and exciting company at the ground-floor and have the autonomy to truly impact the organization. This company has been attracting experienced and talented industry professionals (from many well-known companies such as Novartis, BMS, Celgene, J&J) and offers the “best of both worlds,” (i.e. small team comradery and nimble entrepreneurial environment where smart decisions are made quickly without red tape/bureaucracy, while also having the stability/financial backing of its parent company with deep pockets to fund its Oncology development and expand its Oncology pipeline too).
Attractive Features about this Company & Opportunity:
- “Best of Both Worlds” (exciting/fast-paced Biotech culture combined with financial stability and resources): The company offers all the attractive features sought with an entrepreneurial development-stage Biotech (small team comradery, impact, agility, quick decision-making, minimal bureaucracy) without the typical risks associated with a “start-up.” Our client offers a flat organization structure with minimal layers of management, “red tape,” internal politics and bureaucracy which fosters more communications and swifter decision making (i.e. emphasis on progress and moving things forward).
- Unique and Impactful New Position / “Face of the Organization” for this region: This is a very unique role which will allow you to utilize your relationship building experience with oncologists/KOLs/investigators in APAC, as well as your clinical trial/operations experience. This is a position where you will have the ability to truly impact the organization (unlike in Big Pharma).
- Exciting Time to Join: Now is a perfect time to join this company while they are at the ground-floor and an exciting inflection point as they are advancing into Phase 3 with their lead compound.
- Great Culture & Forward Thinking Organization: a collegial, collaborative and forward-thinking culture where people are engaged, smart, enthusiastic, and passionate about making a real difference in the lives of cancer patients and their families.
- CEO’s Track Record of Success: The CEO has extensive leadership experience and an impressive track record of success in creating and building successful biotech companies that are focused on developing treatments for debilitating diseases.
- Strong Leadership: You will be joining a company that is committed to building/growing the organization the right way – with top industry talent. They already have a strong leadership team of accomplished pharma/biotech professionals onboard.
Location: This is a remote/field based position where the individual can be based anywhere in Asia (ideally in South Korea).
The Regional Operations Lead is responsible for developing/cultivating key strategic relationships with oncology Investigators, KOLs, medical practitioners, and sites in the region. He/she will provide advice about patient enrollment and patient retention, and assist with the development, support, and execution of operational strategies for the company. The ideal candidate will have direct clinical trial management experience and an established track record of building productive relationships with study investigators, KOLs, site staff in the Asia-Pac region (particularly South Korea). He/she will interact frequently with oncology KOLs/key personnel and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure operational excellence for the company’s study plans. He/she has an understanding of the standard of care in these regions, understands the culture, and has a network/relationships in the regions.
- Develop and maintain key strategic relationships with investigators participating in the Company’s clinical studies and develop strategic clinical relationships with physicians in the region.
- Serve as the “face of the company” for Investigators and sites in the region.
- Provide clinical support for all activities from initiation through closeout, making sure the sites are achieving the appropriate levels of enrollment and recruitment targets through active engagement with the Principal Investigators and site visits.
- You will be looked upon to provide country intelligence input for the trials, country strategy, and insight regarding the competitive landscape on a local level.
- You will help the Company identify sites and key oncology personnel to consider for its Oncology studies (i.e. identify for feasibility and recruiting purposes).
- Collaborate with oncology KOLs and internal and external stakeholders to ensure operational excellence for the Company’s study plans.
- Provide insights into the competitive landscape from a local/regional level.
- Maintain current knowledge in oncology; the science, competition, key opportunities, etc.
Education & Desired Experience:
- An advanced degree in a scientific or life sciences discipline is preferred.
- Experience in oncology is required.
- 10+ years of relevant experience working at a pharmaceutical and/or biotech company in clinical operations with proven experience in building and cultivating strong network relationships with oncologists/KOLs/Investigators/study sites in oncology.
- Established a track record of building/cultivating key productive relationships with oncologists, study investigators, thought leaders/KOLs, site staff, etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% of the time as necessary.
Brian Skurka, Director
email@example.com - P 973-656-0220 x738
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC
6 Campus Drive
Parsippany, NJ 07054