Chief Financial Officer: Hub & Spoke Biotech in growth mode – Flexible Location: RETAINED SEARCH
SUMMARY: This is an attractive opportunity to join an innovative and unique “Hub and Spoke” Biotech. While this is a ground-floor opportunity, our client has already successfully established seed/Series A financing, has a fully-owned drug development and manufacturing platform that generates revenue and has 10+ programs in development. The Chief Financial Officer will have the full breadth of internal and external strategic financial/business responsibility across the company with an incredible opportunity to expand the company’s vision and grow both professionally and financially with their success. Our client is looking for a CFO that can lead a Series B fundraising round with the ultimate goal being an IPO.
POSITION: Chief Financial Officer
LOCATION: New Jersey/New York preferred, but will allow someone to work remotely.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS POSITION AND COMPANY:
- Innovative Spoke & Wheel Biotech: Work for a unique biotechnology company which is focusing on innovative therapies through a spoke and wheel structure allowing for efficient and effective complimentary businesses.
- Opportunity to own all aspects of Financial/Business strategy both internally and externally (fundraising, Financial Controls/Procedures, Accounting, Legal, IPO process, ).
- Truly a ground-floor opportunity. Come in as one of the first employees and take part in growing the company from scratch. You will report directly to the CEO.
- Compensation/Ownership: Our client offers competitive compensation packages, and you will also receive an ownership stake within the organization with the opportunity to meet several milestones with further financial rewards.
- Unique Culture: Work in a very collegial, fast-paced environment that allows for faster decision-making and creative approaches to getting things done.
- Serve as the primary owner/facilitator across a Series B fundraise to include direct outreach, with the eventual goal of filing an IPO.
- Represents the company to business partners, analysts, investors, including financial institutions and auditors.
- Work alongside the CEO and Executive team to assess organizational financial performance.
- Develop and implement systems/tools to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Leadership and oversite of long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the company’s strategic plans.
- Advise the CEO on business development and strategic planning.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures for the company.
- Ensures GAAP, legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
- Graduate degree and/or equivalent preferred (e.g., MBA or Masters of Accounting)
- 5-7+ years of related work experience, primarily in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Proven track record in fundraising.
- Proven management, presentation, strategy, and leadership experience, including developing talent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational skills, along with demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team and be a creative thinker.
- Demonstrated capacity to raise funds for early-stage companies.
- Willingness to be a “hands-on, roll-up-your sleeves” leader in a growing organization.
Cornerstone Search Group considers all inquiries, resume submissions, and any other personal information submitted/shared with us as confidential information. Any information provided/shared with us will not be shared with any parties outside of Cornerstone Search Group without your prior permission.
Thomas J. Fascia | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
PO Box 5657 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA