Associate Manager, Demand Planning – Stable, Growing Generic/Specialty Pharma – Central Connecticut Location: RETAINED SEARCH
SUMMARY: Cornerstone has been retained by a very stable and growing Generic/Specialty Pharma that is looking to hire an Associate Manager, Demand Planning to work along with the Associate Director, Supply Chain. They operate in a nimble and creative work environment with an exceptional culture. While operating like a smaller company without the typical larger company obstacles, they are also extremely stable with a strong appetite for further growth. Our client’s work-life balance philosophy is built on trust and hard-work. The Hiring Manager is a well-respected industry veteran and is well respected at the company. Our client’s work-life balance philosophy is built on trust and hard-work. Since this is a hands-on role, you will be given a great deal of autonomy and flexibility.
POSITION: Associate Manager, Demand Planning
LOCATION: Central Connecticut, office based (hybrid/remote/office)
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS POSITION AND COMPANY:
- Company Culture/Environment: The smaller company culture and autonomous environment offer an excellent opportunity for a hard-working individual to make a positive impact.
- Visibility: A highly-visible role where you will interact with all levels of the organization.
- Growth Potential: Our client is stable and expanding their product offerings beyond typical generics.
- Manage the forecasting and planning process, lead the implementation and drive the improvement plans in terms of process, system and people skills. Develop tools and processes designed to support forecast accuracy. Lead the analytical process and determine how to optimize the process to attain the highest forecast accuracy with a variety of inputs.
- Conduct and execute the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process for the business.
- Ensure proper analysis of sales performance and deviation roots causes. Prepare various reports – KPIs (key performance indicators) as well as diagnostic measures to analyze and recommend courses of action for the operational forecast.
- Maintain SKU Market and Customer group forecasts in the system as part of a monthly process cycle for a specific product category or channel.
- Communicate with stakeholders in the Supply Chain, Sales, Finance and BPI’s supply network teams regarding ongoing forecast changes.
- Set and lead effective processes to coordinate with all functions in order to achieve efficient, accurate and timely execution of projects and product launches in line with defined timings. Lead in the creation of new product forecasts and their contribution to the product categories. Monitor and manage new launch codes from creation in the system to ship.
- Assess actual sell thru performance in comparison to plan to determine variances and relay findings; for ongoing items make recommendations based on findings for forward forecast revisions. Assess new launch influence on existing products or categories for growth. Share relevant new launch insight and learning with Supply Chain, Sales and Finance teams.
- Evaluate evolution of the commercial portfolio and sourcing complexity, recommend comprehensive action plan to minimize portfolio complexity, to include rationalization.
- Assure required maintenance codes in the systems, including code mapping, discontinuation, product life cycle status and strategic indicator.
- Monitor inventory levels for all categories of material (e.g. quarantined, short dated) and take appropriate action as required with the objective of achieving inventory targets with sufficient expiry dating in order to meet customer service requirements. Ensure timely disposal of rejected, expired, or otherwise obsolete product.
- Liaise with Regulatory and Quality to ensure product development and post approval projects are in line with BPI objectives, and that the Supply Plan corresponds to the timelines of open projects.
- Perform and present detailed and documented Demand/Supply analysis for any/all contentious product families and take appropriate action as needed, which is not limited to escalation.
- Develop, track, analyze and improve various processes relating to supply chain. Do this in order to ensure or improve availability, delivery, and reliability, quality, and quantity compliances.
- Liaise, interact, work with internal and external colleagues to reduce supply chain costs and improve service levels through best forecasting and replenishment practices.
- Manage data management process for ERP system.
- Lead special projects.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry with focus in Planning, Purchasing or Materials Management with progressive supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems and materials management tools such as DRP, MPS and MRP.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment; must be adaptable and flexible to new ideas/people/procedures.
- Strong analytical skills to make quantitative projections.
- Must demonstrate effective listening, sound judgment, be well organized, take initiative, be flexible, and work well under pressure.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Cornerstone Search Group considers all inquiries, resume submissions, and any other personal information submitted/shared with us as confidential information. Any information provided/shared with us will not be shared with any parties outside of Cornerstone Search Group without your prior permission.
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
PO Box 5657 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA