Associate Director, Human Resources (report to VP) | Stable/Growing Oncology Biotech | New Jersey
Strong compensation includes great stock plan | Strong Culture
Cornerstone Search Group is working exclusively with a very attractive and stable publicly-traded Pharma/Biotech Oncology company on a newly-created position (due to growth) for an Associate Director, Human Resources position reporting into the VP, Head of HR, that we know personally and have worked with for many years.
Our client is looking for: (1) a hands-on HR professional with diverse experience across the HR spectrum, specifically including Recruitment experience; (2) previous Pharma/Biotech experience; and (3) a desire to help HR prepare for and handle a lot of growth.
Cornerstone has helped our client hire several senior-level team members. They have hired very strong leaders from many leading companies (J&J, Novartis, Celgene, Lilly, etc.) that are also very strong cultural/environmental fits for the organization. The Head of Human Resources (that you will report to) is a very strong leader with a wealth of experience in leading Pharma/Biotech companies and is furthermore personable, straight-forward and an excellent communicator.
TITLE: Associate Director, Human Resources
LOCATION: New Jersey
Our client is situated within reasonable commuting distance of all areas in North and Central NJ, as well as Eastern Pennsylvania, Southern New York State, and New York City. This area of NJ is near many other pharmas (and Fortune 500 companies) as well as to New York City via public transportation, has a diverse international culture, has many top-ranked public school systems, and feature diverse places to live (small cities, suburbia, farm/horse country).
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS POSITION AND COMPANY:
- High Visibility: In this smaller environment, you’ll have direct and frequent interaction across the organization and will report to their Head of HR.
- Large & Diverse Pipeline: Our client is growing as a result of a self-discovered pipeline that features multiple candidates in each stage (Phase I – III) and addresses a wide range of solid and liquid tumor indications.
- Strong Funding: This public biotech is very stable and has the necessary cash reserves to support the development of its large pipeline.
- Share in the Company’s Success: This publicly traded company has one of the most attractive long-term incentive stock plans in the industry at the Assoc. Director level. With this company’s pipeline in a position to yield multiple products submissions over the next 1-2 years, this is an opportunity to share in the success of a company at a critical stage in its growth cycle.
DESIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCES / ACCOMPLISHMENTS / QUALITIES / EDUCATION:
- BS/BA is required.
- 5+ years of well-rounded Human Resources experience that must include experience working in the Pharma/Biotech industry.
- Ability to work in a hands-on, fast-paced, and flexible environment. While you will have the opportunity to work alongside the Head of HR, this position also requires someone that isn’t afraid to “get their hands dirty.”
Thomas Fascia | Partner
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
www.cornerstonesg.com | 973.656.0220
Prior Examples of Retained Search Assignments:
- CEO | specialty start-up
- US CEO | established European small pharma
- CMO | late-stage public biotech
- CMO | mid-size pharma
- CSO | mid-size global biotech
- President/US Commercial Head | OSD generics
- SVP, Head of Global Medical Affairs | mid-size oncology company
- SVP, Head of Global Regulatory Affairs | late-stage Israeli biotech
- Group VP, Global Commercial Head | API Business Unit | Indian pharma
- VP, Global Commercial Strategy – Early Pipeline | top rare disease biotech
- VP, Global Head of Biometrics | NYC commercial-stage biotech
- VP, Head of Regulatory Affairs | Boston biotech
- VP, Head of Regulatory Affairs | NYC commercial-stage biotech
- VP, Head of R&D Operations | Boston biotech
- VP, Head of Health Economics & Outcomes Research | Top CNS specialty pharma
- VP, Head of Real-World Evidence | Top 5 pharma
- VP, Head of Heme/Onc Clinical Research | Public oncology biotech
- Executive Director, Head of Global Clinical Pharmacology | Public oncology biotech
- Executive Director, Head of US Drug Safety & PV | Chinese oncology biotech
- Medical Director, Clinical Development | Boston biotech
- Medical Director, Translational Medicine, Neuroscience | Top 5 Biotech
Keywords: cancer CRS CRP New York Pennsylvania I-O immunooncology immuno-oncology