Associate Director/Director – Clinical Development – Respiratory
One of the world’s most premier biotech companies has hired Cornerstone Search Group to help them identify an intellectually curious, research-oriented MD or PhD who has training in respiratory, pulmonary, immunology, or infectious disease clinical development to join their Clinical Development team as an Associate Director/Director. This position will work with other members of the team to author early clinical development protocols and facilitate and lead execution of study activities and data summarization.
Attractive Features of this Company/Position include:
- Our client is a mission centered organization focused on delivering life-changing products that advance world health and help fight and cure disease.
- They are pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines.
- The organization has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation, attracting top minds and nurturing and building top talent.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Key role in design, implementation and execution of clinical studies:
- Establish and approve scientific methods for design and implementation of clinical study protocols (CSP), data collection systems and final reports.
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and interpret clinical data in both ongoing and completed studies for safety surveillance (acting as medical monitor where applicable) and publications.
- Identify, select and train clinical research centers and investigators.
- Overseas planning and management of investigator meetings, advisory boards and other scientific committees as required by the CSP (e.g. independent reviews, DSMBs etc.).
- Project team members in all elements of clinical studies including regulatory, translational and research colleagues.
- R&D and other senior management in assessing requirements for emerging products, including next generation candidates.
- Commercial to design research to have maximum marketplace credibility and enhance marketing efforts.
- Both internal and external (written and oral communication) on clinical development plans, clinical study designs and results.
- Contribute to key department and company initiatives as applicable to role, skills and experience.
- PhD (preferably respiratory or allergy) with industry experience or M.D. degree or equivalent, ideally board certified (or eligible) preferred in pulmonary medicine or allergy.
- Clinical study conduct in a pharmaceutical, CRO or healthcare environment.
- Must be an excellent communicator with proven leadership skills and the ability to interact collaboratively in a cross functional environment.
- High; must integrate and analyze non-clinical and clinical data as well as data/input from multiple internal and external functional areas. Synthesis of previous clinical data and ongoing deadlines/priorities.
- Role is that of individual contributor. Must be able to operate independently in medical, safety and clinical development tasks with minimal supervision. Once direction is provided, must identify problems, generate solutions (or options) and follow agreed plans through to conclusion.
Location: This role is located just outside of Washington, D.C., with relocation assistance available if needed.
Courtland Miras | Director
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC | Life Sciences Executive Search Specialists
6 Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054
Keywords: respiratory, pulmonary, immunology, infectious disease, clinical development, early clinical development, associate director, director