Asset Leader (ED or SD), Heme-Onc Clinical Development : Public Oncology Biotech : 2 NDAs planned in '21 : New Jersey
ASSET LEADER (ED or SD), HEME-ONC EARLY CLINICAL DEVELOPMENT
- Well-Funded, Public Oncology Biotech
- 2 NDAs planned in 2021
- Strong Compensation
- 10 Clinical-stage Assets
- New Jersey
SUMMARY: Cornerstone Search Group has been working closely the last several years with an exciting Hematology Oncology publicly-traded biotech (stock price has more than doubled in the last year), and the current position we’re helping them with is an Asset Leader / Clinical Development Director position at either the Senior Director or Executive Director level (title depends upon your experience) to serve as the Medical Director/Asset Lead on early-stage Hematology-Oncology assets. This position reports to someone we know well as we helped him to join our client to serve as Therapeutic Area Head for Heme-Onc. This hiring manager comes with strong experience from major oncology pharma companies and has a very good personality.
Our client is a highly attractive, well-financed, early commercial stage, publicly-traded oncology (liquid & solid tumor) biotech with leadership from major oncology pharma companies, 2 approved drugs, a self-discovered 10 asset pipeline, several assets that have earned Fast Track designations, and 2 NDA filings anticipated in 2021.
This is a “best-of-both-worlds” opportunity because you will both enjoy the benefits of working in a smaller environment (entrepreneurial, fast-decision making, more comprehensive scope of responsibilities) filled with experienced and personable industry veterans from major oncology companies while simultaneously having the comfort and security of working for a well-funded, publicly-traded company ($5Bn market cap, >50% stock price increase in the past year) with revenue, a large self-discovered pipeline, and multiple strategic relationships with top pharma companies. Our client has deftly built a culture that marries the spirit of a biotech with the professional and polished nature of an established company.
This asset leadership role provides the opportunity to make an immediate strategic and meaningful impact in a growing development organization on current and future clinical programs as this company has a prodigious clinical and pre-clinical pipeline.
They are looking for an MD ideally with heme-onc clinical development experience who can develop strategy, is passionate about drug development, enjoys working cross-functionally, and prefers to have a wider scope of responsibilities and work faster than is possible in a similar role in large pharma.
LOCATION: New Jersey (note: you can work from home until the COVID crisis ends)
Our client is situated within reasonable commuting distance of all areas in North and Central NJ, as well as Eastern Pennsylvania, Southern New York State, and New York City. This area of New Jersey is near many other pharmas (and Fortune 500 companies) as well as to New York City via public transportation, has a diverse international culture, has many top-ranked public school systems, features diverse places to live (small cities, suburbia, farm/horse country), and houses are far less expensive than in California or Massachusetts.
RELOCATION BENEFITS: Our client can provide relocation assistance after the COVID crisis is over.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS POSITION / COMPANY:
- High Visibility: In this smaller environment, you will have direct interaction with C-level leadership. As compared to larger pharmas, meetings are set up quickly and less formally, decisions are made quicker, and things just get done.
- Large & Diverse Pipeline: Our client’s self-discovered pipeline features multiple candidates in each stage (Phase I – III) and address a wide range of solid and liquid tumor indications.
- Strong Funding: This public biotech has the necessary cash reserves (>$500m) to support the development of its large pipeline.
- Share in the Company’s Success: This publicly-traded company has a very attractive long-term incentive stock plan with both RSUs and Stock Options. With multiple assets slated for FDA submission in 2021, this is a real opportunity to share in the success of a company at a critical stage in its growth cycle. Their stock price has doubled in the past 12 months and has realistic potential to increase similarly for many years to come as their large pipeline continues to be developed.
- Culture: You will be working for and with many industry veterans from top oncology companies who have come to this company because of its strong culture (professional, non-political, fast-moving, friendly, passionate about doing what is right).
- “Best-of-both-worlds”: Enjoy the benefits of working in a smaller environment (entrepreneurial, fast-decision making) filled with experienced and personable industry veterans while simultaneously having the comfort and security of working for a well-funded, publicly-traded company ($5Bn market cap, >50% stock price increase in the past year) with revenue, a large self-discovered pipeline, and multiple strategic relationships with top pharma companies.
RESPONSIBILITIES: CHALLENGES, EXPECTATIONS AND DELIVERABLES FOR THIS POSITION:
- Lead(s) early-stage heme-onc assets. Represent clinical R&D within global cross-functional project teams.
- Strategize, conceptualize, and communicate both short and long-range strategic plans for the compound, disease, indication, and product that are aligned with company’s growth goals.
- Accountable for driving the early clinical development strategy aligned with the regulatory strategy to achieve business goals of product registration in the US, Europe, and Japan.
- Accountability for overall clinical projects’ budget and timelines from IND to proof of concept in collaboration with the Head of Clinical Operations and other functional heads.
- Implement strategy for the identification and relationship management of KOLs and PIs.
DESIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCES / ABILITIES:
- MD required
- Pharma company oncology clinical development experience.
- Prior heme-onc experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of developing trends in drug development including pathways, biomarkers, companion diagnostic, study design and analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills for bridging scientific, regulatory, and business stakeholders.
- Ability to interact with executive management and global regulatory bodies.
- Global mindset.
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Senior Partner
E: email@example.com | P: 973.656.0220 x 716
Thomas Fascia | Partner
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: 973.656.0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Life Sciences Executive Search
6 Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA
www.cornerstonesg.com | 973.656.0220
Examples of Retained Search Assignments:
- CEO | specialty start-up
- US CEO | established European small pharma
- CMO | late-stage public biotech
- CMO | mid-size pharma
- CSO | mid-size global biotech
- President/US Commercial Head | OSD generics
- SVP, Head of Global Medical Affairs | mid-size oncology company
- SVP, Head of Global Regulatory Affairs | late-stage Israeli biotech
- Group VP, Global Commercial Head | API Business Unit | Indian pharma
- VP, Global Head of Biometrics | NYC commercial-stage biotech
- VP, Head of Regulatory Affairs | Boston biotech
- VP, Head of Regulatory Affairs | NYC commercial-stage biotech
- VP, Head of R&D Operations | Boston biotech
- VP, Head of Health Economics & Outcomes Research | Top CNS specialty pharma
- VP, Head of Real-World Evidence | Top 5 pharma
- VP, Head of Heme/Onc Clinical Research | Public oncology biotech
- Executive Director, Head of Global Clinical Pharmacology | Public oncology biotech
- Executive Director, Head of US Drug Safety & PV | Chinese oncology biotech
- Medical Director, Clinical Development | Boston biotech
- Medical Director, Translational Medicine, Neuroscience | Top 5 Biotech
Keywords: monoclonal antibodies mAb bsAb lymphoma leukemia ALL CLL MCL AML MDS MM Myeloma