VP, Head of Real-World Evidence – Top Pharma – NJ / PA Metro Area: RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone Search Group’s Market Access/HEOR Specialty Practice has been retained by a top pharmaceutical company for their Vice President, Head of Real-World Evidence position. This highly visible role is N-3 from the CEO, and the RWE department exists independently from HEOR. Our client is seeking an individual who has demonstrated experience with developing and implementing innovative US RWE strategies, can manage a large team, has the ability to communicate effectively across the matrix and up to C-level management, and can develop relationships with external entities (IDNs, academic research centers, KOLs, MCOs, policy committees and consortiums).
Title: Vice President, Head of Real-World Evidence
Location: New Jersey / Pennsylvania metro area
- Lead the development and execution of industry-leading RWE strategy, capabilities, and efficiencies.
- Define the shared need, business case and vision for RWE with key stakeholders. Influence key stakeholders to shape the strategy and direction.
- Deliver results by inspiring, leading and persuading others across a global matrix as well as those outside of the company.
- Articulate a vision and engage and mobilize your RWE department as well as cross-functional team members and company executive leadership around that vision.
- Determine the key competencies, processes, organization, funding and systems required to maintain and build an industry-leading RWE capability.
- Develop strategies for the generation and utilization of RWE to demonstrate the value and enhance differentiation of their key brands.
- Interface with HEOR, Epi, R&D, Medical Affairs, IT, Safety, Commercial, Legal, Compliance in the development of the RWE strategy and guidelines for generation and usage.
- Effectively navigate technology, analytical, legal and privacy complexities to achieve objectives.
- Interact regularly with company leadership in support of RWE initiatives.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal and external partners to drive innovation and value creation.
- Define strategic decisions and investment trade-offs to maximize the short, medium, and long-term business objectives.
- Participate on external policy committees, societies and consortia, and interact with payers and clinical experts.
- While a MS/MPH or terminal degree is preferred, our client is focused on skills, experiences, innovative ideas, and demonstrated results executing on innovative ideas.
- Strong experience in US RWE/HEOR is required.
- Pharma company experience is desired, but not required. Our client will consider individuals from insurance companies, consulting companies, academic research organizations, etc.
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Sr. Partner – Co-Lead, Market Access/HEOR Practice
Rita Boyle | Partner – Co-Lead, Market Access/HEOR Practice
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA
CH: 41 61 508 7010
Cornerstone’s Recently Completed Search Assignments:
- EVP, CMO – Clinical-Stage Oncology Biopharma – Boston Area
- VP, Global Market Access, Oncology – major pharma – New Jersey
- VP, Manufacturing Sciences & Technology – biotech - Europe
- VP, Head of Clinical Development – Clinical-Stage Oncology Biopharma – Boston Area
- SVP, Head of Oncology Global Medical Affairs – mid-size Global pharma – New Jersey
- Executive Director, Clinical Development, Oncology – small Global pharma – New Jersey
Keywords: RWD real-world data real world data RWI real-world innovation real world innovation HOR GHEOR WWHEOR Health Economics Outcomes Research Health Outcomes