VP (Head), Immuno-Oncology Clin Dev - NY/NJ - $2.5Bn Biotech: RETAINED SEARCH
Summary: Cornerstone’s specialty Oncology Medical Director practice has been retained by a uniquely attractive biotech based in the New York/New Jersey Metro Area to identify a talented “physician scientist” with strong oncology translational medicine skills to serve as their therapeutic area lead for Oncology & Immuno-Oncology. In this high-visibility role, you will be the global “face and voice” of Oncology both internally and externally for the company, manage other MDs, interact directly with the C-level, and lead medical and development strategies, discussions and decisions.
Uniquely Attractive Features about this Opportunity:
- This company combines the “best of both worlds” – it is small enough to allow fast decision making and ready access to the C-suite, while at the same time having the financial heft from being a $2.5Bn company to afford to do things right, including making strong offers to attract “A” talent.
- Cornerstone has helped this company hire many of its key executives. This is an impressive team of pharma industry veterans with sterling reputations and on-point experience who are emotionally intelligent, strong communicators, and have a strong internal drive to excel.
- Our client has a very strong drug discovery group that has developed a multi-therapeutic area pipeline of mAbs, bi-specifics, and small molecules. They have also developed a proprietary bi-specific antibody engineering platform that is on its way to achieving the “holy grail” of bi-specifics, which is the ability to cost-effectively manufacture at scale stable bi-specific antibodies.
- Our client has its own GMP Biologic Manufacturing facility which has the proven capability to manufacture mAbs as well as these bi-specific antibodies for their clinical programs.
- Our client has demonstrated the ability to make attractive offers even to those individuals who have significant unvested stock from large companies that has prevented them from seriously considering joining a smaller company.
Location: Our client is conveniently located for people who live in New York City, New York State, Northern & Central New Jersey, and Connecticut. Relocation funds are available.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- MD or MD/PhD
- Strong strategic oncology clinical development skills gained as a PI in a top academic research center or gained in the pharma / biotech industry
- Strong translational medical oncology experience
- Biologics experience is a plus
- At this position has direct reports, prior management experience is a plus.
- Strong emotional intelligence, the ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships, and scientific passion.
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Senior Partner
firstname.lastname@example.org | http://www.linkedin.com/in/coreyackerman
973.656.0220 x 716
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA
CH: 41 61 508 7010
Keywords: cancer I-O immuno-onc immunooncology Executive Director Vice President VP SVP Senior Vice President CMO chief Senior Director Sr. Manhattan Bergen County Essex county Westchester County Passaic County Morris County Hunterdon County bsAb car-t cart cancer vaccine