VP, Global Program Leader (MD/PhD/PharmD) – Multiple Assets Oncology / Immunology:
$1Bn+ Pharma | Greater NYC Area: RETAINED SEARCH
Summary: Our client is a uniquely attractive $1Bn+ biopharma with an innovative, multi-therapeutic biologics pipeline focused in Immuno-Oncology, Immunology, and Respiratory. As the Global Program Leader (VP-level), you will be one step removed from the CEO and have program and project leadership responsibilities across a portfolio including: scientific and program/project-related asset and biomarker strategy, executive-level collaboration, global cross-functional team leadership, target product profiling, translational/clinical planning, NPV/benefit/risk assessment, financial/resource/timeline ownership, etc. Our client is seeking an experienced Program Leader with a strong scientific background (MD / PhD / PharmD) who has experience in/with translational and early clinical development.
This is an opportunity to join a "best of both worlds" biopharm – It's small and innovative, is science driven and develops its own assets, and has the type of internal funding that pre-commercial startups lack. As compared to many Program/Project leadership roles in mid-size or large companies, this opportunity immediately cuts through the "red tape" with easy access to the C-level. We know this company’s senior leadership very well as we’ve helped them hire a number of their executives at the VP and C-levels. Our client offers very competitive compensation and will offer relocation.
Location: Greater New York City area. It is within commuting distance of Northern/Central New Jersey, New York City, Southern New York and Southeast Connecticut. Our client will offer relocation too.
Compensation/Benefits: Our client offers very competitive compensation packages including an aggressively vesting long-term incentive package.
Attractive/Unique Features of Opportunity:
- This company’s cutting-edge antibody and bsAb pipeline has been internally developed, and they anticipate that their proprietary biotechnology engineering platform endows their biologics with the characteristics that will support multiple “breakthrough therapy” designations.
- At this company, the Program Leadership function has been designed as a key leadership position, not an adjunct function.
- This company has assembled a very impressive senior leadership team with strong industry experience and excellent reputations. They joined our client due to their recognition that this company has a unique combination of strong scientific focus, an internally-developed multi-therapeutic, multi-asset pipeline, and a continuous source of funding coming from being a $1Bn+ company.
- You will be just one step removed from the CEO and reporting to a President. This is an opportunity to truly make a difference and interact at the highest levels of an organization. There are no political agendas or “employees that have been there forever” to stop you.
- This company has sophisticated and advanced R&D and biologics manufacturing capabilities.
- No need to focus your time and attention towards raising funds nor worry about funding, which is common at smaller companies. Rather, you can focus on your work because, unlike most smaller companies, our client has the internal profits to resource and move programs forward.
- Bridge both program/project leadership with the science and strategy, as opposed to at many larger and mid-size companies that segment/segregate much of the process. You will have complete ownership.
Responsibilities: Challenges, Expectations and Deliverables for this position:
- Define and then execute the project strategy to achieve product development, registration, approval and launch.
- Elaborate and establish an accurate strategic plan outlining project scope and vision
- Develop and gain approval for the Target Product Profile (TPP)
- Identify key milestones and activities needed to achieve project objectives
- Manage the project team to drive the execution of activities with functional lines to achieve TPP
- Analyse net present value (NPV) and assess full risk/reward and rate of success
- Responsible for all phases of a project’s life cycle management
- Set clear and measurable objectives for each project; assist and support project team members to align project team goals with functional goals
- Partner with functional leadership to provide performance feedback on team members and ensure roles and responsibilities are clear and aligned and resourced appropriately with the right talent, experience level and decision-making authority
- Continuously monitor and control the project schedule by identifying activities on the critical path and, when appropriate, coordinate efforts to optimize development plans
- Prospectively identify/evaluate project risks and coordinate risk minimization strategies and contingency planning
Experiences, Skills, Accomplishments and Qualities Desired:
- A doctorate degree (PhD, MD, PharmD, etc.) is desired, but not required.
- Extensive relevant Pharmaceutical/Biotech Industry experience to include strategic design and leadership across Phase I and Phase II Oncology or Immunology Programs/Projects.
- Early Development, Translational Medicine, Biomarker, Companion Diagnostics etc. experience is highly desired.
- Prior experience with Breakthrough Therapy Designation strategy/filings is a plus, but not required.
- Must be able to see the bigger picture (ie. strategic perspective, global orientation, collaborative thought process, etc.), while also being able to stay focused on day-to-day leadership and hands-on responsibilities.
Cornerstone Search Group considers all inquiries, resume submissions, and any other personal information submitted to us as confidential information. This information will not to be shared with any parties outside of Cornerstone Search Group without your prior permission.
Thomas Fascia | Partner
p: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
CH: 41 61 508 7010