Site Head, Pharmaceutical Plant (Oncology Injectables) | Large Global Pharma | Buenos Aires, Argentina
A large (>10,000 people), global (>50 countries) pharmaceutical company is seeking a Site Head for their Buenos Aires Metro Area plant which focuses on producing injectable oncology drugs for domestic and international markets. This company is looking for a technically and strategically strong leader who would be excited to tackle this challenging role in which the entire plant personnel (Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, HR, Engineering, Finance, etc.) all report up to this position. This is different from the situation at many plants which are matrix-based and only Manufacturing Operations may report directly to the Site Head whereas other functions such as Quality, HR, etc. instead report directly to their Global Functional Heads.
Attractive Features about this Opportunity:
- High Visibility and High Impact: This is a newly-created role for a company that puts a strong emphasis on Engineering and Operations. You will be this company’s most senior person in Argentina. This company has few layers and there are just 2 people between you and the CEO.
- All functions at the Plant report up to this position: This includes Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance, Regulatory Affairs, HR, IT, EH&S, etc.
- You will also have ownership of the Contract Manufacturing Operations and other 3rd Party Operations related to the Plant and the Region.
- Modern Infrastructure: This plant was built from scratch less than 10 years ago.
- Focus is on Oncology Injectables for both South/Central America as well as around the world.
Location: Buenos Aires Metro Area, Argentina
Relocation Assistance: Yes
- Provide leadership to the entire Plant Team as all functions at the plant (including Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance, Regulatory Affairs, HR, IT, EH&S, etc.) all report to you.
- Oversee CMOs (Contract Manufacturing Operations) and other 3rd party operations supporting the organization and plant as well.
- Ensure coordination with Global Operations.
- Deliver upon goals of the Annual Operating Plan (commercial product availability, new product development & commercialization, capacity projects commissioning, asset care, quality, cost, environment health & safety, capability & morale).
- Ensure Plant Operations are meeting production goals in a compliant and cost-effective manner. Create and implement plant productivity improvement plans, drive operational excellence, and implement best practice tools.
- Promote a culture of quality and implement company polices, SOPs, infrastructure, etc. in order to ensure a safe, harmonious, productive, and compliant cGMP environment.
- Lead the procurement and supply planning locally for the region, keeping it in context with the Company-wide Supply Chain norms.
- Long Range Planning: Collaborate with global teams and lead the development of the Plant Long Range Plan in terms of manufacturing resources, capability, capacity requirements and total delivered cost assessment.
- Monthly S&OP Planning: Provide stewardship to the Plant Operations Team (Production Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Warehouse Lead and Procurement Lead) in discussions around and agreement on monthly manufacturing schedule for the Plant within the framework of the AOP to meet the market needs with due consideration of new product, exhibit batches, validation batches, commercial batches and the material availability. Production Plan Compliance: Ensure execution of the monthly production plan to meet the Plant’s commitments.
- Champion a robust, harmonious, and positive work environment. Embed a robust Rewards & Recognition framework. Encourage a healthy work-life balance for the Plant Teams.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10 to 15 years of experience in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Operations.
- Functional knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes is a must.
- Experience in lyophilized and/or liquid injectables or similar complex sterile product manufacturing.
- Degree in Pharmacy, Engineering, Chemistry or similar is preference.
- Leadership experience over a plant function (such as Manufacturing Ops or Quality) or prior Site Head experience is required.
- Knowledgeable on Technology Transfer, Process, Project Management and Manufacturing Excellence.
- Strong emotional intelligence skills including: integrity, humility, perseverance, flexibility and adaptability, a sense of urgency. An ability to set the agenda, inspire trust, and have high personal integrity. Possess a strong focus on delivery and results with high drive and energy levels. High levels of persuasion and facilitation skills.
- As this is a global company, you must be fluent in both English and Spanish.
Tom Fascia | Partner
USA: 973.656.0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 300 | Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA
Recently Completed Retained Searches:
- SVP, Manufacturing Quality
- SVP, Global Head, Oncology Medical Affairs
- EVP, Head of R&D – Oncology Biotech
- VP, Manufacturing Sciences & Technology – Biologics