RETAINED SEARCH: Senior Director, U.S. Marketing: Neurology Rare Disease (Launch) Biotech
Our client is one of the most attractive and high-performing biotech companies in the industry. They are focused in novel therapeutics and located in New England. They are currently seeking a Sr. Director, US Marketing, Neurology (Rare Disease) for an upcoming Launch. You will have the opportunity to work within a very dynamic and fast-paced organization. Our client was recently rated by a leading publication as one of the fastest growing companies in the country and also considered as a top innovator. You will be very visible, so growth potential is very real.
Location: New England. A strong relocation package will be offered.
Compensation will vary and depend on the depth and quality of relevant work experience and accomplishments. This includes a strong bonus and Long Term Incentive/stock.
Attractive features about this position and company:
- Stability & Growth: Our client has a strong multi-therapeutic pipeline, is publicly traded, and has a revenue generating marketed products.
- Visibility: A challenging, highly-visible role reporting to the Vice President of the Business Unit.
- Innovative Company: Work for a unique biotech company which is focusing on innovative therapies. They were recently ranked as one of the most innovative companies in the US.
- Unique Culture: Work in a very entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment, which will not only gain you valuable experience, but is also a tremendous opportunity for professional and personal growth and development.
The Senior Director Neurology is responsible for driving the development and implementation of the US commercial and marketing strategy for the Neurology business. This critical leadership role will be responsible for setting the marketing strategy, reviewing business performance, and proposing targeted solutions. An essential element of success is a demonstrated ability to influence without authority and successfully negotiate to align cross-functional and cross-geography interests (e.g. medical, R&D, regional leadership, and country operating units). Reporting to the Vice President of the US Neurology Business Unit, the Senior Director, Neurology will be a high profile position with the opportunity to make a large impact.
- Create and implement the US marketing strategy (e.g. positioning, messaging, branding, medical education programs, market research) for the Neurology business unit assets
- Lead development of the US strategic planning (3 yr./1 yr.), including tactical plans and budget allocation
- Review and assess US performance and annual plans
- Partner with commercial insights to conduct highly innovative research/analytics to help identify key business dynamics, behavioral barriers, segmentation, competitive positioning, and triggers/barriers to patient identification and demand generation
- Establish process for collection and sharing of best practices
- Provide direction and leadership for patient identification strategies
- 15+ years related experience in the biotechnology industry
- Proven, consistent history of high performance regardless of position or company
- Significant commercial experiences, with demonstrated success in marketing leadership positions is crucial
- Extensive launch experience is essential
- Broad base of experiences in marketing, market research, sales, and/or medical affairs is welcomed
- Rare disease/high-value biologics experience is important, but not essential
- Broad knowledge of geographical market/P&R/macro-level trends that may influence business strategies and results
- Strong scientific orientation and background
- High learning agility
- Prior experience managing people
- High level of interpersonal skills and highly adept in both verbal & written communication
Cornerstone Search Group considers all inquiries, resume submissions, and any other personal information submitted/shared with us as confidential information. Any information provided/shared with us will not to be shared with any parties outside of Cornerstone Search Group without your prior permission.
Steven Raz | Managing Partner
Cornerstone Search Group | Life Sciences Executive Search and Recruitment Specialists
6 Campus Drive
Parsippany NJ 07054