SD / Dir (TA Lead), Global RWE (newly-created dept.) : Boston : Top Rare Disease Biotech : RETAINED SEARCH
Summary: A highly successful Boston biotech consistently named on “Top Places to Work” lists has retained Cornerstone Search Group’s HEOR/RWE/Market Access practice for a uniquely attractive Therapeutic Area Lead for Global Real-World Evidence position. Our client’s newly-created Global RWE department is being developed by a highly respected HEOR/RWE leader/mentor. RWE directly reports into Medical at the C-level, and its remit is to weave RWE into the very fabric of the company (BD, R&D, Clin Dev, Med Affairs, HEOR, PV, Market Access, etc.). Our client is well-regarded for its highly competitive compensation, benefits, and relocation plans.
Reporting to the Global Head, RWE Center of Excellence, as a Therapeutic Area Lead you will be responsible for establishing the rigorous assessment of real world data to assess the incidence, prevalence, natural history of diseases and real world outcomes for the early development and clinical portfolio. You will also support cross-functional global observational research by providing methodologic and analytic support for Global Medical Affairs, HEOR, PV/Drug Safety, etc. Along with evidence developed by the RWE COE, these analyses inform the real world utilization and outcomes of the company’s therapeutics for clinicians, payers, policy makers, patient groups and internal decision making. Additionally, you will function as a point person for observational research methodologies, shaping and influencing all aspects of observational research policies. Using an integrated model, you will work closely with Global PV/Drug Safety, Global Medical Affairs, HEOR, Biostats, Clinical Development, Reg Affairs and across R&D.
- Study concept development and execution of incidence/prevalence, burden of Illness and natural history of disease assessment for BD, R&D, Clin Dev, etc.
- Strategic and tactical support for cross-functional RWE development including registries, burden of Illness/natural history of disease for regulators, payers and clinicians
- Assess research gaps and objectives to determine proactive observational research strategy
- Put together pro-active registry plans and implement registries from the ground up if needed
- Strategic and tactical support for developing RWE historical control and methods
- Serve as global observation research functional expert on cross-functional brand strategy teams for assigned therapeutic area (pipeline, newly launched, and marketed products)
- Establish innovative methods and integrate into HEOR, global safety and medical affairs observational research
- Serve on non-interventional study protocol review groups
- Assess RWD assets and establish RWD plan, including data licenses and data platforms
- Work to establish metrics and methods to ensure that RWE research is consistently to a consistent standard.
Location: Our client is conveniently located for people who live in both MA and Rhode Island, and it’s accessible by both car and mass transit (train and subway). The company offers travel subsidies as well. The Boston Metro area is a very attractive area due to the wealth of established and start-up biotechs and its diversity of other industries (finance, hospitals, academia, tech, etc.), and great public schools.
Relocation: Our client has a very attractive relocation
Desired Skills and Experience:
- PhD in Epidemiology, HEOR, Health Services Research, Health Policy, Biostats, etc.
- 5+ years relevant experience (e.g. observational research study design and management) either within a pharma/biotech or a consulting firm
- Direct report experience is a plus, but not required, but the ability to manage and mentor is
- Desire to help build and shape a newly-created team
- Experience with both retrospective and prospective observational research study design
- Experience building registries is a plus
- Ability to determine the incidence and prevalence in rare disease
- Experience developing or utilizing digital apps is a plus
- Understanding of the opportunities to use RWE to inform regulatory decision makers (e.g. understanding the 21st Century Cures Act)
- Ability to communicate technical information (like detailed observational research methods and results) in a clear, concise, and non-techy way to diverse audiences (e.g. C-level, BD, Med Affairs, etc.) and effectively manage internal and external stakeholder expectations.
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Senior Partner
firstname.lastname@example.org | http://www.linkedin.com/in/coreyackerman
973.656.0220 x 716
Rita Boyle | Partner
email@example.com | http://www.linkedin.com/in/ritaboyle
973.656.0220 x 735
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP –Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA
Keywords: Senior Director Sr. Director Associate Director AD Assoc. Director