Regional Team Lead (EU) – Clinical Site Monitoring | Oncology | Unique Leadership Role|Remote based – Europe | Fast Growing Biotech: RETAINED SEARCH
This is a very attractive newly-created leadership position where you will hire and manage your own Clinical Site Monitoring team of regionally-based CRAs/monitors in Europe. You will provide strategic and hands-on leadership for all monitoring activities in Europe conducted within the Company’s oncology portfolio, and you will be a very important/visible part of the growth of this new monitoring department and in conducting a Global Phase 3 registrational study for the company’s lead asset to treat breast cancer. This is a very unique “ground-floor” opportunity to utilize your hands-on leadership experience in hiring/managing regional CRAs, as well as novel monitoring approaches. As opposed to being a small fish in a big pond at a large organization, you will be a visible part of this company’s strategy, direction, and success.
Our client is an attractive, stable, and fast-growing biopharma company (publicly-traded) focused in oncology. This is a very exciting time within the organization, as they have been growing across a number of departments and are expanding with a few key strategic hires – including the company’s first Head of Clinical Site Monitoring. This is a great opportunity to join an exciting and very financially secure company at the ground-floor and have the ability to truly influence and impact the direction of the organization. This company has been attracting experienced and talented industry professionals and offers the “best of both worlds,” (i.e. small team comradery and a nimble, entrepreneurial environment where smart decisions are made quickly minus the red tape/bureaucracy, while also having the stability/resources/financial backing of its parent company with deep pockets to fund its Oncology development and pipeline).
Location: This is a remote-based position where this person can be based anywhere in Europe.
Attractive Features about this Company & Opportunity:
- Unique “Building” Opportunity: This is a uniquely exciting “clean-slate opportunity” where you will have the autonomy to hire and manage your own team of EU-based CRAs and clinical site monitors.
- Exciting Newly-Created Leadership Role: You will be the first person hired into this new leadership role, where you will have the opportunity to create what and how its footprint will look like within the organization, as well as being involved in the strategic vision for this department.
- “Best of Both Worlds” (small Biotech culture combined with stability and resources): The company offers all the attractive features sought with a quickly growing entrepreneurial Biotech (small team comradery, high-impact, agility, quick decision-making, minimal bureaucracy) without the typical risks associated with a “start-up.” Our client offers a flat organization structure with minimal layers of management, “red tape,” internal politics and bureaucracy which fosters more communications and swifter decision making (i.e. emphasis on progress and moving things forward).
- Excellent Hiring Manager: You will report into an excellent department Head (whom we know personally) who is experienced, smart, personable, well-liked and well-respected.
- Great Time to Join: Now is a perfect time to join this company while they are at the ground-floor and an exciting inflection point as they are advancing into Phase 3 development with their lead asset to treat metastatic breast cancer.
- CEO’s Track Record of Success: The CEO has extensive leadership experience and an impressive track record of success in creating and leading successful biotech companies that are focused on developing treatments for life-threatening and debilitating diseases.
- Unique Culture & Forward Thinking Organization: a collegial, collaborative and enjoyable culture where people are highly engaged, smart, enthusiastic, and passionate about making a difference in the lives of cancer patients.
Education & Experience:
- An advanced degree in life sciences, nursing or related field is preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant and progressive experience in clinical monitoring and leadership gained working at a pharmaceutical and/or biotech company, or a CRO.
- A successful track record of hiring/building, developing, and leading a clinical site monitoring team/function.
- Oncology experience is required; Phase 3 experience is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, to be self-motivated, and to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Willingness to work in a player-coach capacity (i.e. “hands-on”, roll-up-your-sleeves and pitch-in whenever necessary).
Brian Skurka, Director
email@example.com - P 973-656-0220 x738
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC
6 Campus Dive
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Keywords: Clinical Site Management, Global Site Management, Clinical Site Monitoring, Head, Director, Executive Director, Associate Director, Clinical Operations, Lead, Monitoring Resource Management, Group Head, CRA, Clinical Research Associate, Regional Head, Site Head, Clinical Study Monitoring, Central Monitoring, Global Study Operations, Field Operations, CRA Manager, Site Management