Rgnl Clinical Operations Oncology Lead (Associate Director) | Remote Based – Europe | Fast Growing Biotech: RETAINED SEARCH
This is a unique new role as the “face of the organization” for this region in Europe. Our client is looking to hire a French-speaking industry professional who has experience from both a clinical operations/trial management/feasibility perspective and building/cultivating key working relationships with oncologists, KOLs, and Investigators in this region. You will be a very important and visible member of the Global Relationship Management Team and conducting a Global Phase 3 registration study for a promising drug to treat breast cancer that will provide cancer patients with an effective, safe and a much better “quality of life” treatment option.
Our client is an attractive, well-funded, and quickly growing biotech company (publicly traded) focused in Oncology. This is a very exciting time within the organization, as they have been growing across a number of departments, and this is a great opportunity to join a young and exciting company at the ground-floor and have the autonomy to truly impact the organization. This company has been attracting experienced and talented industry professionals and offers the “best of both worlds,” (i.e. small team comradery and nimble entrepreneurial environment where smart decisions are made quickly without red tape/bureaucracy, while also having the stability/financial backing of its parent company with deep pockets to fund its Oncology development and expand its Oncology pipeline too).
Attractive Features about this Opportunity:
- “Best of Both Worlds” (Biotech culture combined with stability and resources): The company offers all the attractive features sought with an entrepreneurial development-stage Biotech (small team comradery, impact, agility, quick decision-making, minimal bureaucracy) without the typical risks associated with a “start-up.” Our client offers a flat organization structure with minimal layers of management, “red tape,” internal politics and bureaucracy which fosters more communications and swifter decision making (i.e. emphasis on progress and moving things forward).
- Great Culture & Forward Thinking Organization: a collegial, collaborative and forward-thinking culture where people are engaged, smart, enthusiastic, and passionate about making a real difference in the lives of cancer patients and their families.
- Unique and Impactful New Position: This is a very unique role where you will have the ability to truly impact the organization (unlike in Big Pharma).
- Exciting Time to Join: Now is a perfect time to join this company while they are at the ground-floor and an exciting inflection point as they are advancing into Phase 3 with their lead compound.
- Excellent Compensation & Benefits: Our client will provide a very competitive compensation package, which will include a competitive base salary, double-digit annual bonus, stock options, unlimited vacation days, and industry-leading benefits.
- Strong Leadership: You will be joining a company that is committed to building/growing the organization the right way – with top industry talent. They already have a strong leadership team of accomplished pharma/biotech professionals onboard.
Location: This is a remote/field based position where the individual can be based anywhere in Western Europe (must speak French).
The Regional Operations Lead is responsible for local/regional operational site level oversight of the company’s oncology clinical trial programs and study sites, as well as devel key strategic clinical relationships with Investigators, KOLs, medical practitioners, and sites in the region. He/she will provide advice about patient enrollment and patient retention, and assist with the development, support, and execution of operational strategies for the company. The ideal candidate will have direct clinical trial management experience and an established track record of building productive relationships with study investigators, KOLs, site staff in the EU. He/she will interact frequently with oncology KOLs/key personnel and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure operational excellence for the company’s study plans. He/she has an understanding of the standard of care in these regions, understands the culture, and has a network/relationships in the regions.
- Develop and maintain key strategic relationships with investigators participating in the Company’s clinical studies and developing strategic clinical relationships with physicians in the region.
- Serve as the “face of the company” for investigators and sites in the region.
- Provide clinical support for all activities from initiation through closeout, making sure the sites are achieving the appropriate levels of enrollment and recruitment targets through active engagement with the Principal Investigators and site visits.
- Responsible for the local/regional medical oversight of the Company’s oncology clinical trials and study sites in the assigned EU region, and for cultivating key strategic clinical relationships with oncology physicians and investigators in the oncology area within this region. You will be looked upon to provide country intelligence input for the trials, country strategy, and insight regarding the competitive landscape on a local level.
- You will help the Company identify sites and key oncology personnel to consider for its Oncology studies (i.e. identify for feasibility and recruiting purposes).
- Collaborate with oncology KOLs and internal and external stakeholders to ensure operational excellence for the Company’s study plans.
- Provide insights into the competitive landscape from a local/regional level.
Education & Desired Experience:
- Advanced degree in life sciences, scientific, or healthcare is preferred.
- Oncology experience is required.
- 8+ years of relevant experience working at a pharmaceutical and/or biotech company in clinical operations/trial management and proven experience in building/developing key relationships with KOLs/Investigators/study site personnel in oncology.
- Must be able to speak French.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% of the time as necessary; attending Investigator Meetings, Regional Conference Meetings (ASCO, SABCS, ESMO, ECCO, etc.)
Brian Skurka, Director
email@example.com - P 973-656-0220 x738
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC
6 Campus Drive
Parsippany, NJ 07054