RETAINED SEARCH: VP or ED, Global Program Leader – Early Clinical Development – Immuno-Oncology TA Head: Stable & Growing Biotech | Northern NJ/NYC area
Summary: Cornerstone Search Group is partnering with a stable, growing, and profitable Biopharma on a newly created leadership position for their innovative, home-grown Immuno-Oncology biologics portfolio. As the Global Program Lead (VP or ED level) for our client’s pipeline of multiple early stage immuno-oncology assets, you will be one step removed from the CEO and have complete project/program leadership responsibility across the Immuno-Oncology pipeline to include: scientific and program/project-related asset and biomarker strategy, executive-level collaboration, global cross-functional team leadership, target product profiling, translational/clinical planning, NPV/benefit/risk assessment, financial/resource/timeline ownership, etc. We know this company’s senior leadership very well as we’ve helped them hire a number of key executive leadership people including the CSO.
This is an opportunity to join a "best of both worlds" biotech - it's small and innovative with funding coming from being profitable and growing. As compared to many Program/Project leadership roles in mid-size or large companies, this opportunity immediately cuts through the "red tape" and gives you the ability to be directly responsible for the company’s direction in Immuno-Oncology at the highest level. Furthermore, our client offers very competitive compensation and relocation packages.
Location: New Jersey/New York City area
Compensation/Benefits: Our client offers very competitive compensation packages including an aggressively vesting long-term incentive package.
Attractive/Unique Features of Opportunity:
- This company’s cutting-edge immune-oncology pipeline is based on their internally-developed proprietary biotechnology platform that endows their biologics with the characteristics that they believe should support multiple “breakthrough therapy” designations.
- At this company, the Program Leadership function has been built into the DNA of this company. The respect for Program Leaders is a given.
- Regular interaction and accessibility to a world-class C-level team to include both a CMO and CSO that both left “Big Pharma” to join this team and are passionate about making a difference.
- You will be just one step removed from the CEO and reporting to a President. This is an opportunity to truly make a difference and interact at the highest levels of an organization. There are no political agendas or “employees that have been there forever” to stop you.
- This company has sophisticated and advanced R&D and biologics manufacturing capabilities.
- This company has assembled a very impressive senior leadership team with strong industry experience and excellent reputations.
- No need to focus your time and attention towards raising funds nor worry about funding, which is common at smaller companies. Rather, you can focus on your work because, unlike most smaller companies, our client has the internal profits to resource and move programs forward.
- Bridge both program/project leadership with the science and strategy, as opposed to at many larger and mid-size companies that segment/segregate much of the process. You will have complete ownership.
Responsibilities: Challenges, Expectations and Deliverables for this position:
- Define and then execute the project strategy to achieve product development, registration, approval and launch.
- Elaborate and establish an accurate strategic plan outlining project scope and vision
- Develop and gain approval for the Target Product Profile (TPP)
- Identify key milestones and activities needed to achieve project objectives
- Manage the project team to drive the execution of activities with functional lines to achieve TPP
- Analyse net present value (NPV) and assess full risk/reward and rate of success
- Responsible for all phases of a project’s life cycle management
- Set clear and measurable objectives for each project; assist and support project team members to align project team goals with functional goals
- Partner with functional leadership to provide performance feedback on team members and ensure roles and responsibilities are clear and aligned and resourced appropriately with the right talent, experience level and decision-making authority
- Continuously monitor and control the project schedule by identifying activities on the critical path and, when appropriate, coordinate efforts to optimize development plans
- Prospectively identify/evaluate project risks and coordinate risk minimization strategies and contingency planning
Experiences, Skills, Accomplishments and Qualities Desired:
- A doctorate degree is a plus (PhD, MD, PharmD, etc.), but not required.
- Extensive relevant Pharmaceutical/Biotech Industry experience to include strategic design and leadership across Phase I and Phase II Oncology Programs/Projects.
- Oncology experience is required.
- Early Development, Translational Medicine, Biomarker, Companion Diagnostics etc. experience is highly desired.
- Prior experience with Breakthrough Therapy Designation strategy/filings is a plus, but not required.
- Must be able to see the bigger picture (ie. strategic perspective, global orientation, collaborative thought process, etc.), while also being able to stay focused on day-to-day leadership and hands-on responsibilities.
Cornerstone Search Group considers all inquiries, resume submissions, and any other personal information submitted to us as confidential information. This information will not be shared with any parties outside of Cornerstone Search Group without your prior permission.
Thomas Fascia | Partner
firstname.lastname@example.org - P 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Life Sciences Executive Search
6 Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA
CH: 41 61 508 7010