RETAINED SEARCH: Vice President, Global Market Access, Franchise Head (Oncology)
This retained search is being conducted on behalf of a global pharmaceutical company that has many successfully marketed Oncology products as well as a rich pipeline. They are seeking to hire an experienced Vice President, Global Market Access professional to be a part of one of their key Franchises (Solid Tumor). This position is highly visible and will report directly into the SVP, Global Value and Access.
Location: Northern New Jersey
Relocation: A very attractive full relocation package is available for qualifying candidates.
Attractive Features of this Position / Company:
- Global Pharmaceutical Company and a leader within Oncology.
- An extremely highly visible position.
- A company that offers “the best of both worlds” – a Global Company that is established, profitable, expanding and financially stable—yet is not too rigid or bureaucratic, which offers its people a flat organization structure where they have a lot of responsibility and opportunity to make a real impact.
- Accountable for setting the overall strategy for the Franchise at the disease-level on all aspects of market access and pricing serving as a bridge between the commercial organization (countries/regions) and the R&D organization.
- Drives the development and implementation of innovative Global brand and disease access strategies for compounds/brands from (pre-) POC up to the end of their commercial lifecycle post launch across the worldwide Franchise, leveraging the skills of HEOR/Evidence Generation & Synthesis and Oncology Policy & Market Access experts to co-create value with our customers and maximize market share and revenue growth globally.
- Contributes with innovative ideas and initiatives to help shape and advance a world-leading Oncology Policy & Market Access function and ensures capabilities across the access functions are developed and maintained along the product lifecycle.
- Develops an integrated Market Access Strategy for key brands, reflecting the emerging and evolving needs of payers and maximizing the value of company’s current products and future pipeline, which will require this individual to:
- Develop global integrated market access & payer strategies for assigned products, aimed at delivering the product differentiation most relevant to payers (e.g., well-defined target population, clinical endpoints, comparators, outcome measures, utility instruments, health economics data, etc.)
- Ensure that patients have maximum access to products around the globe, through both traditional and innovative funding models.
- Ensure that throughout the product lifecycle, company brands are supported by a robust payer value proposition and messages.
- Integrate the market access and payer perspective into the development, medical affairs and commercial strategies for current products and pipeline assets.
- Work closely with regions and countries to implement strategies and support their needs for access and reimbursement.
- Post graduate degree in medicine, sciences, business administration, health policy, health economics or other relevant qualifications.
- Must have strong leadership skills, strategic mindset, and the ability to manage and influence.
- 15+ years relevant experience acquired at pharmaceutical companies, Payer/HTA, physician associations or relevant consultancy companies in a multi-national context: cross-country experience.
- Deep understanding of payer/HTA environment and evolution across countries/regions.
- Personal experience in preparing and negotiating reimbursement with payers in a major market is a plus.
- Deep understanding of HEOR and other innovative approaches to generate value evidence. Desirably, an active external network in area of HEOR and Health Policy.
- Therapeutic Area Expertise is not required, but experience in Oncology would be a plus.
- Strong knowledge of outcomes research methods, including study design and analysis methods.
- Ability to work and lead cross-functional team in a matrix environment, with C-suite impact.
- Strong business acumen.
Compensation: Comprehensive compensation package that includes a highly competitive base salary, target bonus and generous LTI plan.
Cornerstone Search Group considers all inquiries, resume submissions, and any other personal information submitted to us as confidential information. This information will not be shared with any parties outside of Cornerstone Search Group without your prior permission.
Partner, Market Access/HEOR Practice Co-Lead
Phone: 973-656-0220 x735
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC
6 Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054