Sr. Manager, Clinical Operations - Oncology | Cutting-Edge & Rapidly Growing Biotech | Newly created position | Philadelphia area | RETAINED SEARCH
Summary: This is a uniquely attractive opportunity with an exciting and rapidly expanding biotech company that focuses on developing novel first-in-class oncology therapeutics. Leveraged by its own unique proprietary technology and breakthrough science, this company is on the forefront of an innovative new approach to cancer treatment. Our client is a company that offers the “best of both worlds,” i.e. working for a well-financed company that maintains a refreshingly agile/nimble/entrepreneurial fast-paced “start-up” culture that fosters a collegial environment and where decisions are made quickly.
This is a very exciting time within the organization, as they are growing quickly across a number of departments including Clinical Operations. This means that you will have a real opportunity to grow, develop, take on new challenges, and advance you career. This is a brand new position where you will report directly to the VP and be responsible for managing all aspects of clinical operations, with a focus on their lead oncology program. As opposed to being a small fish in a big pond in Big Pharma, you will work in a lean, entrepreneurial and collaborative environment where you will have the autonomy and visibility to make a significant impact on the company’s success, as well as in the lives of cancer patients.
Location: Philadelphia PA metro area
Attractive Features about this Opportunity:
- Exciting “Ground-Floor” Opportunity: This is a great time to join this exciting high-growth biotech company, as they are starting to build/grow their Clinical Operations team. You will have much more opportunity to grow and diversify your experience than at a more compartmentalized large company.
- “Best of Both Worlds”: Join a well-funded and rapidly-growing company while also getting all the pluses of a small startup organization (quick decision-making, high impact/exposure, nimble/agile, autonomy, etc).
- Cutting-Edge Oncology Therapies / Novel Proprietary Technology: This company has developed its own unique technology, opening up a vast domain for discovering innovative new cancer medicines.
- Exposure & Impactful Position: You will report into the VP Clinical Ops and work directly with Senior Management and have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the direction of the company from day one.
- Collaborative Biotech Culture: Work in a collegial, fast-paced environment, which will not only gain you valuable experience, but also tremendous opportunity for internal growth/advancement. A challenging and intellectually stimulating opportunity where you will continue to broaden your skill set and grow as a clinical operations professional.
- Strong Partnerships & Collaborations: Our client has strong partnership agreements and collaborations with a number of top research institutions conducting cutting-edge research in the oncology area.
Relocation: Our client will provide relocation assistance for those outside of the area.
- Manage the operational aspects of oncology clinical development projects, including: CRO management, clinical trial/data management, budgets/timelines, and protocol development.
- Serve as key contact for functional area representatives in managing operational aspects of protocol execution and daily oncology clinical trial activities/planning/execution of oncology clinical studies.
- Ensure all trial deliverables are met according to timelines, budget, operational procedures and quality standards.
- Develop relationships with, and is the primary contact for, key stakeholders and co-development partners.
- Interact directly with Sr. Management and clinical development team members across functional areas (e.g. medical, clinical data, regulatory and others).
- Manage protocol feasibility, forecasting and budget management, CRO/vendor selection and management.
- Contribute to scientific and clinical operational input for the development of trial related documents and processes.
- Oversee the development and active management of the study patient recruitment strategies.
- Identify enrollment issues and help find solutions; travel if needed to meet with investigative sites and represent the company.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- BA/BS in a Life Sciences area. An advanced degree is a plus.
- 5-7+ years of relevant clinical operations experience (CRO/vendor management, study/program management, budgets/timelines) gained working at a pharmaceutical and/or biotech company.
- Oncology experience is required.
- Experience monitoring investigative sites.
- Must be able to work effectively in a small, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
Brian Skurka, Director
firstname.lastname@example.org - P 973-656-0220 x738