RETAINED SEARCH: Medical Director – Clinical Development – Neurology; Work on NDA & Launch | Boston-Area Pharma
POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a global mid-size specialty biotechnology company with multiple approved drugs and drug/devices in various therapeutic areas, foremost in the Neurology space. Reporting to the Head of Clinical Development for Neurology, this role will be responsible for the design and execution of all aspects of the associated clinical development plans in collaboration with cross functional team members across the Neurology Portfolio, in addition to acting as a key member for the launch of the highest priority asset within the company's portfolio.
- Work on an NDA – This Company plans a filing for one of their Neurology assets in 2018. You will be a key member of the Clinical Development team providing clinical oversight and input into the upcoming Phase III trials and projected NDA/Launch.
- Best of Both Worlds – This growing mid-size biotech couples the attractive features of a small and nimble atmosphere with the advantages of being a stable, profitable company with multiple approved drugs, strong internal R&D capabilities.
- Work With Entrepreneurial-minded Industry Veterans – This Company’s senior leadership, and many others that they have hired, have come from top pharmas and academic institutions, attracted by the opportunity to work in a smaller environment with a cutting edge portfolio and help this mid-size company to expand globally by building departments to meet today’s challenges less encumbered by legacy operations and staff.
- Boston Metro Area Location – This area is: (1)One of the nation’s fastest growing areas for pharmaceutical and biotech companies; (2) home to many strong public school systems and the greatest concentration of top universities; and (3) a community with the highest percentage of advanced college degree holders.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
- The Neurology Clinical Research function provides clinical Guidance for all development programs within the Neurology therapeutic area. Current projects include, but may not be limited to Parkinson’s Disease, Stroke, Neuropathic Pain and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). Other projects currently in pre-clinical and Phase l development may be assigned to the incumbent at the discretion of the Head – Global Clinical Development
- The Senior Medical Director/ Medical Director will be a key member of a cross functional team responsible for strategically focused Phase ll – lV study management, study protocols and reports and NDA preparation. The incumbent may also become involved in the design and implementation of Phase l trials in collaboration with Company’s Translational Medicine and Early Discovery group.
- The incumbent will analyze and present clinical trial data to internal and external audiences including but not limited to Company senior management, advisory boards, scientific and medical meeting audiences. He/she will also participate with Medical Affairs staff in the creation of publication plans and manuscripts.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- MD; Board Certified Neurology
- 2 to 5 years of relevant Pharma/Biotech/CRO academic clinical development within the Neurology space.
- Will consider someone from academic or private practice who has current PI or sub-PI experience.
Steven Raz, Co-founder and Managing Partner
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 973-656-0220 x712
LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevenraz
Courtland T. Miras, Director | Life Sciences Executive Search & Recruitment Specialist
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 973-656-0220 x737
LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/courtlandmiras
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA
CH: 41 61 508 7010