Retained Search – Head, Project Management, Oncology Biotech:
Newly created position, Boston/Cambridge area
Our client is a stable and growing Global Biopharmaceutical Company focused in innovative Oncology Drug Development across Phases I, II and III. This is a newly created senior-leadership role responsible for centralizing leadership and management of all aspects within Project Management. You will be responsible for people management, cross-functional management, executive-level collaboration, strategy, budgets, timelines/resources, project planning, PM tools/systems/software, etc. Our client is a Company that offers the “best of both worlds,” i.e. working for a very well financed Company that maintains an agile “start-up” culture: makes quick decisions and fosters a collegial environment. Furthermore, our client has historically offered favorable compensation/relocation packages to attract top talent.
Features about this Opportunity:
Unique: This is a newly created role in which you will have the opportunity to lead and centralize the Project Management group as the first Head of PM for the Company.
Impact: You will work directly with Executive Management and have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact from day one.
Full Ownership: As you will be the highest ranking member of the PM team, you will have the opportunity to organize the team strategy and oversight to your liking.
Science/Pipeline: Company is considered a major leader on the R&D forefront within their particular Oncology therapies. This includes multiple later stage programs.
CEO’s track record: CEO has a strong track record of success in both large Pharma and Biotech.
Location: Boston/Cambridge area
- Leadership/ownership of the Project Management function across the full product development lifecycle, from research and preclinical through clinical and commercialization.
- Collaborate closely with Senior/Executive, Functional Area and day-to-day Management.
- Utilize a variety of project management tools, systems, software and techniques to build and sustain high-performing cross functional teams.
- Build realistic and achievable plans that are in alignment with organizational strategies and key milestones, supporting the team to achieve optimal execution against the plan, and drive resolution of risks, issues, and project impediments.
- Develop and maintain project plans and schedules to an appropriate level of detail, with input from the cross functional project team members.
- Identify and manage risks and issues associated with development programs and projects, as well as cross-project and cross-functional risks and issues.
- Keep Senior/Executive Management informed of project status and progress against plans, as well as emerging issues and risks to project and program success.
- Ensure that all project team members understand project goals, objectives and strategic value, the project plan/schedule, and critical path activities both at their individual/functional level as well as for the overall project.
- Plan and conduct cross-functional team meetings to review, track, and coordinate project activities.
- Drive project execution across functional boundaries. Ensure that activities are carried out according to project timelines, and that deliverables and milestones are met.
- Establish close partnering relationships with team leaders and with the various department heads, including the Chief Medical Officer, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Operations, Clinical Development, etc.
- Coordinate resource planning across projects to ensure that adequate resources are available and assigned to the project.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of project management methodologies, best practices, SOPs, etc.
- 12+ years of Project Management experience in the Biotech/Pharma industry.
- Direct report/people management experience.
- PMP project management certification is a plus.
- Proficient in various Project Management tools, software, systems, etc.
Tom Fascia | Partner
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
6 Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA
CH: 41 61 508 7010
Recent Completed Searches:
Chief Medical Officer
VP, Safety and Medical Affairs
Senior Director, Clinical Operations
Associate General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer