RETAINED SEARCH: Franchise Head, Neurology, US HEOR – Boston Area Pharma
Summary: A successful global pharmaceutical company has retained Cornerstone Search Group’s HEOR / Market Access Practice to help them identify a highly experienced and effective HEOR professional to serve as Franchise Head for Neurology (please note that Neurology experience is not required) in the Boston, MA area. This position will have direct reports and will report into an experienced and dynamic VP, Global Head of HEOR.
Other Attractive Features About This Opportunity Include:
- High Visibility & Wide Scope: You will serve as a Franchise Head for Neurology, which is a key focus for this company and they have a very attractive portfolio. The market characteristics of their collective products are well-suited for the HEOR department to make a major impact on the company’s success, and that is why HEOR has such a high profile in the company and is supported by Senior Management.
- Management Experience: This role also calls for the individual to act as a player coach and will have 1 or 2 direct or matrix reports.
- Boston, MA Metro Area is Top Locale for Professional & Personal Reasons: The Boston-metro area is the fastest growing pharmaceutical and biotech hub in the nation, which is great for you professionally as HEOR opportunities will continue to grow and you would not need to move from the area. On a personal level, Boston is a coveted area due to its strong school systems, its highly educated populace (featuring perhaps the highest percentage of college graduates of any major metropolitan area), and its cultural attractions that owe much to the fact that it has the highest concentration of top academic institutions (medical schools and undergrad schools) in the world.
Responsibilities in a Nutshell:
In a nutshell, you will be responsible for the development of HEOR (health economic and outcomes research) strategies and the tactical execution thereof for the Neurology portfolio of pipeline assets and marketed drugs.
- Manage HEOR projects from inception to completion for all phases of research. Your role will encompass research design, project management, analysis, interpretation and dissemination of HEOR evidence, and the communication of appropriate HEOR key value messages.
- You will collaborate cross-functionally with Clinical Research, Medical affairs, Product Development, Brand Marketing, Managed Care Marketing, New Product Planning, etc., as well as collaborate with external KOLs and decision-makers.
- As a member of product development and program management teams, including Clinical study teams for pipeline products and medical/commercial brand teams for inline products, you will work to incorporate HE and PRO components into Clinical studies.
- Develop strategies to obtain regulatory approval of PRO quality of life claims; research and select PRO/HRQOL measures for use in Clinical trials.
- Create study concept documents, protocols, analysis plans, and final study reports, as well as draft manuscripts for studies which include HE and PRO components.
- Develop health economic analyses and/or economic models to assess cost-effectiveness, Clinical practice, and/or burden of illness within company’s Clinical trial design and study results, or external databases, or from scientific literature.
- Work with Medical affairs to help influence Phase IV Clinical trial design, inclusion of appropriate value endpoints/metrics, data analysis and publications, as appropriate.
- Manage external HEOR research organizations.
- Develop and manage relationships with KOLs.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Our client will consider a PhD in an outcomes-related field (e.g., Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Economics, and Pharmacy Administration), an MD who has post-graduate fellowship or MS in an outcomes-related field, a PharmD with HEOR-related education and/or Fellowship experience, or an MPH/MS who has strong relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of HEOR experience.
- Demonstrated ability to assume a mentor and coach role either through direct reports or in a matrix environment.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability in participating and leading cross-functional teams, excellent skills in leading without authority, and negotiating and managing through influence.
- Strong methodological, quantitative and analytical skills combined with a sound understanding of how to successfully apply HEOR principles to support the enterprise.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and make sound health economic and outcomes research decisions.
- Strong project management skills with oversight experience in both internal and external projects are necessary.
- Demonstrated understanding of legal and regulatory issues impacting HE/PRO labeling and promotional claims.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills, with the demonstrated capability of educating and influencing teams and driving decisions.
- Strong business sense.
Contact our HEOR/Market Access Practice Co-Lead:
Rita Boyle | Partner
Phone: 973-656-0220 x735
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC
6 Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054