Chief Medical Officer (EVP) | Expand & Strengthen Existing Oncology R&D Biotech | Parent Co Market Cap ~$8 Billion | Boston Area | Retained Search
This is a very attractive and challenging CMO (EVP) opportunity that will lead drug development strategies for multiple oncology products/assets already in early and later-stages of clinical development, will evaluate external oncology in-licensing/acquisition/strategic collaborations opportunities, will prioritize internal/in-house researched & developed pre-clinical oncology assets and more. This is a Senior Level Leadership position that reports directly to the CEO, and will oversee a team of 100+ medical and scientific professionals through this position’s direct reports in multiple functional areas that include Clinical/Medical Research, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Operations, Project Management, Drug Safety and Pre-clinical Research.
The Parent Company of this separate and independently managed/operated oncology specialty company is an established global pharma company with a market cap/value that exceeds $8 Billion that has the financial resources and the long-term commitment and patience to continue to build, expand and strengthen its existing oncology business to succeed (the Parent Company has already acquired multiple oncology companies in deals that require a potential investment/cost ranging from ~800 Million to ~$2.5 Billion, and it has recently in-licensed a promising pre-clinical oncology asset too that it plans to put into the clinical later this year).
- Strategy: determine drug development strategies; evaluate in-licensing/acquisition/collaboration opportunities, prioritize in-house researched and developed assets and more
- Unique leadership opportunity: head-up and lead both R&D (100+ professionals through your management team in multiple functional areas including pre-clinical and clinical professionals)
- Member of the Sr. Management Team: report directly to the CEO, and serve as a member of the Sr. Management Team that makes the important decisions about prioritization, depriortization, acquisition…
- Science: Company is considered a major leader in its focused area of oncology R&D
- Pipeline: Exciting novel later stage products (Phase 3), early stage (Phase 1/2) & pre-clinical assets too
- Location: Attractive Boston, MA area location
- Best of both worlds: A very well financed Parent Company (Market Cap exceeds $8 Billion) with the patience and commitment to build and expand this independently managed/operated oncology specialty company that maintains a start-up/entrepreneurial culture/environment
- CEO’s track record: CEO has a strong track record of success in both large pharma and biotech oncology focused companies (i.e. has successfully launched oncology products and led entire oncology businesses)
- Competitive compensation: Company will offer a very competitive compensation package
Cornerstone Search Group considers all inquiries, resume submissions, and any other personal information submitted to us as confidential information. This information will not be shared with any parties outside of Cornerstone Search Group without your prior permission
- Education: MD/PhD or MD
- Certification: Board Certified Hematologist/Oncologist highly preferred
- Track Record: 15+ years of progressive & successful oncology drug development experience
- Leadership: Successful track record of developing, leading and executing successful drug development strategies
- Management: Successful record of directing, developing & mentoring medical & scientific professionals
- Communication: Very strong communication skills, i.e. oral, writing and presentation skills
Cliff Miras | Managing Partner
Cornerstone Search Group
ABOUT CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP
Cornerstone Search Group is a life sciences executive search firm headquartered in the heart of the New Jersey "Pharmaceutical Corridor". Established in 2000 by search industry veterans with a vison on how to deliver better service and higher accountability, Cornerstone Search Group partners with Life Sciences companies, ranging in size from emerging biotechs to "Big Pharma" to help them strategize, identify, attract, and hire executive talent at the C-level, VP-level and Director-level.
CMO, Chief Scientific Officer, CSO, EVP, SVP, VP, Vice President, President, Head of R&D, Head of Research and Development, Drug Development, Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, Phase, Study, Trial, FDA, NDA, IND, Board Certification, Board Certified, Hematology, Oncology, Tumor, Cancer, Global, Clinical Research