RETAINED SEARCH: Regional Medical Lead (MD/PhD/PharmD) Oncology | Home-based Western Europe | Biopharma Developing Novel Breast Cancer Drug
Attractive opportunity to make significant contributions to the development of a novel and best-in-class therapy to treat breast cancer with a young and exciting entrepreneurial company that offers a chance to join the company at the ground-floor, and that offers the “best of both worlds,” (i.e. a nimble entrepreneurial culture/environment where smart decisions are swiftly made vs. being bogged-down in layers of bureaucracy, and a company that has the financial backing of its parent company with deep pockets to fund its Oncology development and expand its Oncology pipeline too.
You will be a very important member of the Global Team planning and conducting a major Global Phase 3 registrational study for a novel drug to treat breast cancer that will provide cancer patients with an effective, safe and a much better “quality of life” treatment option.
You will be the Medical Lead responsible for communicating, interacting and meeting with KOLs, medical practitioners, study site personnel and others working at major academic centers and hospitals to provide them with information and answer questions about the Company’s Oncology drugs and clinical studies, and provide to support to them too. You will help the Company identify KOls/MDs/Sites to consider for its Oncology studies (i.e. identify for feasibility and recruiting purposes), you will help the company design its Clinical Development Plans and Protocols to reflect the needs and medical practices of Western European Countries, and you will provide advice about patient enrollment, patient retention, data management… to help KOLs/MDs and site personnel start, conduct and close-out studies along with the other Global Project Team Members working for the Company, and the external CRO personnel hired too.
Attractive features about this company & opportunity:
- Newly-Created, Impactful Role: This is a unique, newly created role in which you will have the ability to truly impact the growth and success of the organization.
- Committed to Best-in-Class Oncology Therapeutics: Join an organization that is committed to becoming a successful multi-product oncology company offering “best-in-class” therapeutics for cancer patients.
- “Best of Both Worlds” (Biotech culture combined with stability and resources): The company offers all the attractive features sought with an entrepreneurial development-stage Biotech (small team comradery, impact, agility, minimal bureaucracy) without the typical risks associated with a “start-up.” Our client offers a flat organization structure with minimal layers of management, “red tape,” internal politics and bureaucracy which fosters more communications and swifter decision making (i.e. emphasis on progress and moving things forward).
- CEO’s Track Record of Success: The CEO has extensive leadership experience and an impressive track record of success in creating and building successful biotech companies that are focused on developing treatments for life-threatening and debilitating diseases.
- Strong Leadership: You will be joining a company that has been focused on building/growing the team the right way – with dynamic industry people. They already have a strong leadership team of accomplished pharma/biotech professionals onboard.
- Stable: allowing them to focus on developing their pre-clinical and clinical pipelines.
- Unique Culture & Forward Thinking Organization: a collegial, collaborative and enjoyable culture where people are engaged, smart, enthusiastic, and passionate about making a real difference in the oncology area.
- Perfect Time to Join: Now is a great time to join while they are at the ground-floor and an exciting inflection point, so you will be an integral part of its growth/success.
Location: This is a home-based position that can be based in Western Europe in one of the following countries: United Kingdom, Germany, France, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium and Austria.
Compensation: Our client will offer a competitive compensation package
- Education: M.D., Ph.D., Pharm.D. or Advanced Nursing degree.
- Specialty training in oncology and/or strong oncology experience is highly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry with oncology clinical trial management and/or Medical Affairs/Medical Science Liaison/MSL oncology experience is necessary
- Late stage, Phase 3 experience is highly preferred
- A track record of developing relationships with oncology thought leaders/KOLs/practitioners and/or a track record of working effectively with the same is necessary
Brian Skurka, Director
firstname.lastname@example.org - P 973-656-0220 x738
Cliff Miras, Managing Partner
Regional Medical Lead, Regional Medical Leader, Regional Medical Director, RML, Country Medical Leader, Country Medical Lead, Medical Science Liaison, MSL, Medical Advisor, Scientific Advisor, Oncology, Hematology, cancer, tumor, breast cancer, Europe, German, France, United Kingdom, England, Russia, Hungary, Ukraine, Clinical, Phase, Trial, Indication, FDA, EMEA, EMA, MD, M.D., Ph.D., PhD, Doctorate, Pharmacy, Pharmacist