RETAINED SEARCH: Associate Director, Payer Marketing: Neurology (MA); Pharma
A multi-billion dollar Global Pharmaceutical Company has Retained Cornerstone Search Group’s Managed Markets Practice in order to help them identify (2) Associate Directors, Payer Marketing.
Location: Boston, MA. Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
Attractive features about this position and company:
- Stability & Growth: Our client has a strong multi-therapeutic pipeline and has high revenue generating marketed products.
- Visibility: A challenging, highly-visible role in a critically important function for the Company.
The Associate Director of Payer Marketing will provide support in the development of Managed Markets strategies and tactical plans. This individual will collaborate closely with Brand Marketing, Account Directors, Institutional Sales, Government Affairs, Legal, Regulatory, Commercial Analytics, Medical Affairs, Field Sales Management, and Sales Training to ensure development of optimal payer marketing strategy and resources. This individual will also be expected to keep senior and corporate executives informed about changes and emerging issues in the broad, managed customer environments and the subsequent implications for the Company.
- Work with cross-functional partners (Account Directors, Brand Marketing, Sales, Medical, Legal, Commercial Analytics and other key internal stakeholders) to develop comprehensive payer strategies and tactics that align to the marketing objectives. Liaison to the brand and field.
- Support development of a compelling payer value proposition that communicates clinical, economic and value-based attributes of brands to key payer segments and channels. Evaluate and execute as appropriate digital health assets (i.e. real-world continuous monitoring, adherence devices, etc...) to “go beyond the pill” in the development of the overarching value proposition.
- Manage agency and vendor relationships to develop promotional programs and tactics aligned with the payer business plan.
- Develop and execute new indication and/or launch plans.
- Support business development activities through landscape analysis, understanding of access drivers and competitors, and evaluation of likely payer response.
- Develop and maintain a thorough, comprehensive and current understanding of the dynamics driving the various managed markets segments and channels including Commercial Managed Care, Medicare, Medicaid, Exchanges, Trade, Integrated Delivery Systems/Systems of Care, Accountable Care Organizations, Long Term Care and other Institutions.
- Work with internal and external segment and channel experts to identify leading trends, channel dynamics and translate to impactful access programs for our brands.
- Design and conduct research with key customer segments to aid in the development of sound managed markets business strategy.
- Collaborate closely with Medical Affairs/HEOR to ensure payer related endpoints are captured in pivotal trials/HEOR studies for eventual use with pharmacoeconomic decision-makers.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry, with experience in at least two of the five areas: Managed Care (Payer or Channel) Marketing (priority), Brand Marketing, Account Management, Pharmacy, Long Term Care or Integrated Delivery Systems/Systems of Care. Hands on experience launching new indications or brands.
- Comprehensive understanding of US healthcare system including providers, payers (public and private) and influencers.
- Analytic skills including experience in conducting research, data mining, modeling, or contract analysis.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to identify problems and barriers and quickly assimilate information to develop actionable and effective solutions.
Cornerstone Search Group considers all inquiries, resume submissions, and any other personal information submitted/shared with us as confidential information. Any information provided/shared with us will not be shared with any parties outside of Cornerstone Search Group without your prior permission.
Rita Boyle | Senior Executive Search Consultant
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP, LLC – www.cornerstonesg.com
Life Sciences Executive Search
6 Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054