Regional Clinical Operations Lead | Oncology/Breast Cancer | Unique New Role | Remote Based – AsiaPac | Quickly Growing Biotech: RETAINED SEARCH
Our client is an attractive, stable, and fast-growing publicly-traded biopharmaceutical company focused in Oncology. This is a very exciting time within the organization, as they have been growing across a number of departments, and this is a great opportunity to join a young and exciting company at the ground-floor and have the autonomy to truly impact the organization. This company has been attracting experienced and talented industry professionals and offers the “best of both worlds,” (i.e. small team comradery and nimble entrepreneurial environment where smart decisions are made quickly without red tape/bureaucracy, while also having the stability/financial backing of its parent company with deep pockets to fund its Oncology development and expand its Oncology pipeline too).
This is a unique position which requires a mix of skill sets and experience from both a clinical operations/trial management perspective and a regional medical relationship perspective. You will be a very important and visible member of the Global Development Operations Team planning for the company’s Global Phase 3 registration study for a promising drug to treat breast cancer that will provide cancer patients with an effective, safe and a much better “quality of life” treatment option.
Attractive Features about this Company & Opportunity:
- Unique and Impactful New Position: This is a very unique role which will allow you to utilize your mix of direct clinical trial/operations experience as well as your regional medical relationship experience. This is a position where you will have the ability to truly impact the organization (unlike in Big Pharma).
- Exciting Time to Join: Now is a perfect time to join this company while they are at the ground-floor and an exciting inflection point as they are advancing into Phase 3 with their lead compound (which received “Fast Track” designation).
- Great Culture & Forward Thinking Organization: a collegial, collaborative and forward-thinking culture where people are engaged, smart, enthusiastic, and passionate about making a real difference in the lives of cancer patients and their families.
- “Best of Both Worlds” (Biotech culture combined with stability and resources): The company offers all the attractive features sought with an entrepreneurial development-stage Biotech (small team comradery, impact, agility, quick decision-making, minimal bureaucracy) without the typical risks associated with a “start-up.” Our client offers a flat organization structure with minimal layers of management, “red tape,” internal politics and bureaucracy which fosters more communications and swifter decision making (i.e. emphasis on progress and moving things forward).
- CEO’s Track Record of Success: The CEO has extensive leadership experience and an impressive track record of success in creating and building successful biotech companies that are focused on developing treatments for life-threatening and debilitating diseases.
- Strong Leadership: You will be joining a company that is committed to building/growing the organization the right way – with top industry talent. They already have a strong leadership team of accomplished pharma/biotech professionals onboard.
Location: This is a remote/field based position where the individual can be based anywhere in the Asia-Pacific regions.
Compensation: Our client can offer a compensation package and exceptional benefits – including 100% premium paid medical/dental insurance, 401(k) match, life insurance, etc.
The Regional Operations Lead is responsible for local/regional operational site level oversight of the company’s oncology clinical trial programs and study sites, as well as establishing/cultivating key strategic clinical relationships with Investigators, KOLs, medical practitioners, and sites in the region. He/she will assist with the development, support, and execution of operational strategies for the company.
The Regional Operations Lead will provide advice about patient enrollment, patient retention, data management… to help KOLs/MDs and site personnel start, conduct and close-out studies along with the other Global Project Team Members working for the company. He/she will interact frequently with oncology KOLs/key personnel and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure operational excellence for the company’s study plans. He/she has an understanding of the standard of care in these regions, understands the culture, and has a network/relationships in the regions.
- Develop and maintain key strategic relationships with investigators participating in the Company’s clinical studies and develop strategic clinical relationships with physicians in this region.
- Serve as the “face of the company” for investigators and sites in the region.
- Provide clinical support for all activities from initiation through closeout, making sure the sites are achieving the appropriate levels of enrollment and recruitment targets through active engagement with the Principal Investigators and site visits.
- You will help the Company identify sites and key oncology personnel to consider for its Oncology studies (i.e. identify for feasibility and recruiting purposes).
- Collaborate with oncology KOLs and internal and external stakeholders to ensure operational excellence for the Company’s study plans.
- Establish, cultivate, maintain key strategic relationships with investigators participating in the company’s oncology clinical studies.
- Provide insights into the competitive landscape from a local/regional level.
- Serve as local medical monitor for the company’s clinical trial programs.
- Maintain current knowledge in oncology; the science, competition, key opportunities, etc.
Education & Desired Experience:
- MD, PhD, PharmD or MS/advanced scientific degree.
- Experience in oncology is required.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience working at a pharmaceutical and/or biotech company in clinical operations/trial management (i.e. Clinical Ops/Project Mgr, Medical Monitor, CRA) and site management and regional medical relationships with the proven ability to cultivate strong relationships with KOLs/Investigators/study sites.
- Phase 3 experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% of the time as necessary; attending Investigator Meetings, Regional Conference Meetings (ASCO, SABCS, ESMO, ECCO, etc.)
Brian Skurka, Director
firstname.lastname@example.org - P 973-656-0220 x738
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC
6 Campus Drive
Parsippany, NJ 07054