Oncology Global Clinical Lead (M.D.) – Bi-Specific mAbs : Exec Dir or Sr. Dir Level : Fast-Growing BioPharma : NYC/NJ Area : RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone Search Group’s Physician Recruiting Practice has been retained by a fast-growing, profitable biopharma for a newly-created role for an MD to oversee (strategy and implementation) the global clinical development (Phase I through to BLA) of multiple oncology/hematology biologics. These are first-in-class, bi-specific antibodies created “in-house” utilizing our client’s very exciting bi-specific biotech engineering platform. Our client’s philosophy is that the MD serving as the Global Clinical Lead is the “CEO” of the asset on a cross-functional basis through all stages of clinical development.
This is a uniquely attractive opportunity to join an innovative and growing company that has a very strong executive talent base (many of which we’ve helped our client hire, including this hiring manager) that have been attracted to our client for some/all of the following reasons:
(1) “Best of Both Worlds” – Small and Stable: The company has all the benefits of being a smaller company (collaboration, few layers, fast decision-making) but has what many smaller companies lack: (1) a diverse pipeline, (2) they are revenue-generating, profitable, and have enough capital to support the development and commercialization of its pipeline, and (3) experienced, proven leadership that knows how to develop, commercialize, and manufacture biologics and NCEs.
(2) Culture: Non-bureaucratic, common-sense, and fast-moving culture of excellence. As compared to many Physician leadership roles in large companies, you will enjoy an entrepreneurial culture that will allow you to move quickly and with great autonomy.
(3) Leadership: Proven executive leadership across R&D, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs and Regulatory that all are highly engaged, emotionally intelligent, entrepreneurial and committed to creating an environment where great people can work and get done what needs to get done.
(4) Innovation: Our client has a large, multi-therapeutic pipeline of NBEs and NCEs, almost all of which have been developed in-house.
(5) Location: Our client is attractively located in the New York City metro area, enabling people to live in a variety of locations, including New York City, the suburbs of New Jersey and New York State which have some of the top-ranked public schools in the nation, or in more rural settings ideal for lovers of outdoor activities like skiing and hiking.
(6) Compensation: Our client has put together highly competitive compensation packages to attract top talent. They’ve been able to attract individuals who have upcoming bonuses and unvested stock, so even though it is nearing bonus and stock vesting payout time, that shouldn’t deter you from learning more about this opportunity.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- MD degree
- Past experience with the clinical development of oncology NBEs or NCEs.
- Strong emotional intelligence, leadership ability, a sense of urgency, business acumen.
Cliff Miras | Managing Partner
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Sr. Partner
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
6 Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA
CH: 41 61 508 7010
Keywords: Medical Doctor, MD, MBBS, M.B.B.S, Board Certified Oncologist Cancer “Clinical Development” SD “Senior Director” ED “Executive Director” AVP VP “Vice President” Physician