Medical Director, Oncology Clinical R&D – Highly Attractive Biopharma (publicly traded),
Exciting Immunotherapy Pipeline
Our client is a stable, innovative and growing global biopharmaceutical company (publicly traded) which has an impressive oncology and immuno-science pipeline across all stages of development. This is an excellent opportunity for an oncology/hematology MD to join a reputable organization and provide oncology expertise and strategic input into clinical development biologic programs (Phases I-III) and trial design across multiple cancer indications. You will be part of an exceptional team of top industry professionals and have the opportunity to make a major impact on new breakthrough cancer therapies, while gaining valuable global R&D experience working on a variety of innovative/promising compounds. Our client will provide a very competitive compensation package, as well as industry-leading benefits and a flexible work environment.
Other Attractive Features about this Company & Opportunity:
- Excellent Reputation: Our client has an impressive reputation within the pharma/biotech industry and has been recognized by reputable scientific, business and industry publications as a leading company across areas such as innovation, vision and development.
- Company Culture: Join a financially stable and rapidly-expanding organization with marketed products and an exciting development pipeline focused on novel/ cutting-edge cancer therapies, while also getting the pluses of a small/mid-size company (exposure, impact, growth, etc.). Work in a very collegial and collaborative environment that is less bureaucratic and more nimble/creative/open minded than many of the big pharma companies.
- Exciting Opportunity: In this new position, you will manage a broad scope of responsibilities, which include clinical development strategy, designing/developing clinical plans, providing medical insight into strategic plans, building relationships with Key Thought Leaders and internal/external partners, etc.
- Cutting-Edge Oncology Pipeline: They have a deep and diverse pipeline/portfolio of immuno-oncology biologic assets across all stages (I-III) of development.
Location: This company is located in New Jersey – in an area that is very commutable from many parts of NJ, as well as from New York City and PA.
Responsibilities in a Nutshell:
- Clinical development expertise and strategy, including developing protocol team objectives and priorities to manage workload in a cross functional matrix protocol team. Collaborate effectively with internal colleagues in key account strategic planning to ensure the information needs from managed markets healthcare professionals are met.
- Develop, execute, and ensure global alignment for the global medical plan, and provide medical insight into strategic plans.
- Work with the Program Lead and governance bodies to translate the development strategy into protocols and action plans.
- Partner closely with medical colleagues in Clinical Research, Discovery, Regulatory, Commercial, Health Outcomes and other key functions.
- Design and develop clinical plans and protocols based on knowledge of the asset/drug, disease area and relevant science in order to meet regulatory and disease strategy targets.
- Work closely with the Medical lead, team members, stakeholders and governance bodies to translate protocol strategy into objectives and action plans.
- Identify and build relationships with principal investigators, and cultivate thought leaders in order to gain their inputs on emerging science in drug and biomarker research, disease knowledge and design of clinical development studies and programs.
- Build relationships, networks and alliances with internal and external partners, and contribute to Health Authority interactions.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- MD with a background and a deep understanding in clinical oncology.
- Relevant experience in oncology with specific expertise in immune-based therapy for cancer and expertise in the execution of clinical trials.
Brian C. Skurka | Director
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP, LLC – www.cornerstonesg.com
Life Sciences Executive Search
6 Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054