Medical Director, Oncology – Clinical Development & Medical Affairs; Reputable Pharma Industry Leader, NYC/NJ
Our client is a pharmaceutical innovator touted for its broad and diverse oncology pipeline of investigational drugs and impressive slate of marketed products. This company has experienced very strong and steady sales growth and is consistently ranked as a top company to work, along with exciting novel research in multiple areas of cancer. They are seeking to hire a Medical Oncology professional to provide disease-area expertise and manage a broad scope of responsibilities across clinical development, clinical trial design strategy, and medical affairs. This is an exciting role with where you will utilize your medical/scientific expertise by providing strategic medical input into the development/lifecycle/commercialization of new oncology drugs to treat a range of cancers.
Attractive features about this Company & Opportunity:
- Global Leader: An opportunity to join a global leader that has an impressive track record of successfully discovering, developing and obtaining regulatory approval of many innovative oncology & hematology drugs.
- World Class R&D Organization: Work for a company whose R&D organization is considered among the most productive and innovative in the industry.
- Unique Hybrid/Combination Medical Role: A unique role where you will gain valuable “end-to-end” experience in both clinical development/research strategy and medical affairs working on some of the industry’s most promising oncology drugs.
- Collaborative Work Culture: You will be working closely with a top-notch team of oncology physicians, as well as working collaboratively/partnering with Functional Leaders across Clinical, Regulatory Affairs, Translational Medicine, Quality, Clinical & Scientific Operations, etc.
- Excellent Growth Opportunity: This is an excellent opportunity to position yourself for continued growth within the organization.
- Highly Reputable: Our client has been recognized by reputable business, science and industry publications as a leading company across areas such as innovation, development, and commercialization.
Location: NJ/NYC metro area
Total compensation can be competitive and will be based on amount of relevant experience. This includes a competitive base salary, annual bonus, and a very strong long-term incentive program.
Responsibilities and Deliverables for this position:
- Provide strategic medical input into clinical trial strategies and participate in strategy setting for clinical trial programs.
- Design and optimize clinical trial design and ensure clinical trials meet ethical and regulatory standards.
- Review and provide US feedback to Global Protocols and Global Development Plans.
- Partner with Functional Leaders across Commercial, US/Global Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Translational Medicine & Discovery, Market Access, HEOR, etc. leveraging strong medical expertise, business/market acumen and a comprehensive understanding of business strategy, to develop strategies and medical plans.
- Develop strategy for US Medical Affairs including exploratory indications and integrate US plan with overall Global Medical Affairs strategy.
- Work cross-functionally to define, plan and implement exploratory studies.
- Lead US cross functional Medical Product Teams and activities.
- Responsible for the quality, coordination, medical accuracy, and timeliness of clinical study reports, clinical sections of INDs, Investigator Brochures, CTAs, ISSs, ISEs, clinical expert reports, label reviews.
- Interact and build/maintain relationships with academic thought leaders to optimize clinical trial strategies. Provide input into publication plans.
- Assist in the development and appropriate spending of clinical budget.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Medical Degree is required. Board certification in either Oncology or Hematology (or relevant medical specialty training) is strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in Oncology clinical research in the pharmaceutical industry or experience in clinical research/medical affairs is preferable or a combination of experience in academic medicine with clinical research and or clinical development experience in collaboration with the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience leading the design, conduct, analysis and reporting of clinical studies is strongly preferred.
- Scientific medical research experience in Oncology with demonstrated record of scientific medical publications. Experience within breast cancer disease area highly preferred.
- Successful interactions with Medical Experts and investigators.
Brian C. Skurka | Director
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP, LLC – www.cornerstonesg.com
Life Sciences Executive Search
6 Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054