RETAINED SEARCH: Medical Director, Hematology/Oncology | Unique Opportunity to Move Career from Academia/Clinical Practice into Biopharma | Salt Lake City Area
Summary of Position & Opportunity:
This is a unique opportunity for a Hematologist/Oncologist to move his/her career from Academia/Clinical Practice into the pharma/biotech industry where he/she will enjoy a very challenging and rewarding position where he/she will develop new drugs to treat multiple deadly blood and solid tumor cancers that have very few effective treatments available. You will be a key member of the drug development team where you will be able to make significant contributions towards getting these drugs to the cancer patients’ bedside sooner vs. later.
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah area
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available
Confidentiality: All inquiries, submissions & communications are treated as confidential information
Attractive Features about this Unique Opportunity and Position include:
- Visibility: you will work closely with, and report directly to, the highly regarded CMO (Chief Medical Officer) who is an MD/PhD who is well-known for his work in both industry and academia
- Gain quickly very valuable experience: you will have the opportunity to work on a late-stage clinical asset (taking it into Phase 3) and work on the subsequent NDA filing, which are 2 of the most valuable experiences you can gain in industry.
- Enjoy a "Best of Both Worlds” Company: this Company combines the attractive features of a startup (small team, fast decision making, comradery, etc.) with the financial support of a global pharma company (this independently managed biopharma is backed by a well-established international pharma company that already generates billions in annual revenues).
- Quality of Life: enjoy a challenging and rewarding career developing new and important cancer drugs that will benefit 000’s of patients, while also enjoying time-off for vacation, holidays and personal days and receiving a competitive compensation package and extensive benefits package too.
- MD, Hematologist/Oncologist
- 3 or more years of post-fellowship (post hem/onc fellowship) that includes treating cancer patients and some experience as a sub-PI or PI working on clinical studies/trials
- Very good communication skills (oral, writing and presentation skills)
- Team player capable of working collaboratively with other MDs/Clinicians, Clinical Operations, Regulatory Affairs, Biostatistics and others
Cliff Miras | Co-founder & Managing Partner
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC
Life Sciences Executive Search
Phone: 973-656-0220 x711
Keywords: MD, M.D., Medical Doctor, Physician, Hematology, Haematology, Oncology, Blood cancer, solid tumor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Professor, cancer, trial, study, clinical, patient, NDA, FDA, biopharmaceutical, biopharma, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, immuno-oncology, immuno, protocol