Medical Director, Hematologist/Oncologist, Clinical Development | Move from Academia/ Practice into Biopharma | Salt Lake City Area: RETAINED SEARCH
Summary of This Unique Position & Opportunity:
Very attractive and unique opportunity to move your career from academia/clinical practice into biopharma industry with an exciting development-stage Biopharma/Biotech Company developing important new cancer drugs to treat both solid tumors and hematological malignancies. Initially, you will be part of a Clinical Development Team developing a new and important drug to treat a Rare Disease/Disorder, Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML).
This is a great time to join this development-stage Biopharma Company where you will be a key member of the clinical development team to developing its lead drug/asset to treat AML and to help them develop their other drugs/assets too. The company has a very strong Sr. Management team with a proven track record of developing FDA approved drugs, and its lead asset is biomarker-driven with strong Proof-of-Concept results. And, this Biopharma has very strong funding from its multi-billion dollar parent company to invest in, expand and execute its immediate R&D plans and its longer-term R&D plans too.
Also, the company is located in a Utah, which offers great quality-of-life experiences/choices, e.g. skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, walking, lower cost-of-living, fine arts, museums and more. And, the Salt Lake City area is consistently rated/ranked as one of the best places to live in the USA.
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah area
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available
Confidentiality: All inquiries, submissions & communications are treated as confidential information
Attractive Features about this Unique Opportunity and Position include:
- Unique Opportunity: great chance to move your career from academia/practice into Biopharma industry
- Impact and help: an opportunity to develop important new cancer treatments to help many patients
- Valuable experience: quickly gain a lot of valuable early & later-stage clinical development experience
- Proven Sr. Management Team: Management has already developed FDA approved drugs
- Financial Security: this Biopharma has significant funding and multi-billion dollar parent company
- Quality-of-Life: working in industry typically provides an overall better QOL (manageable hours etc.)
- Utah Living: work, play and enjoy life living in one of the top ranked/rated places to live in the USA
- Culture/environment: work with a team of people that are accomplished, knowledgeable, professional and a pleasure to work with and be around
- MD, Hematologist/Oncologist
- Solid background/experience working with participating in clinical studies/trials (Phase I, II and/or III interventional studies) as a PI or sub-PI
- Very good communication skills (oral, writing and presentation skills)
- Team player capable of working collaboratively with other MDs/Clinicians, Clinical Operations, Regulatory Affairs, Biostatistics and other internal and external members of the Clinical Development Team.
Cliff Miras | Co-founder & Managing Partner
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC
Life Sciences Executive Search
Phone: 973-656-0220 x711
Keywords: MD, M.D., Medical Doctor, Physician, Hematology, Haematology, Oncology, Hematologist, Oncologist, Principal Investigator, PI, KOL, Key Opinion Leader, Blood cancer, solid tumor, hematological, malignancies, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Professor, cancer, trial, study, clinical, patient, NDA, FDA, biopharmaceutical, biopharma, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, immuno-oncology, immuno, protocol, Utah, Salt Lake City