Medical director, Clinical Development – Immuno-Oncology:
Exciting & Innovative Global Pharma Co.
This is a unique new opportunity with a successful and rapidly growing global pharmaceutical company that is on the forefront of medicine within the immuno-oncology area. This company has an exciting and robust pipeline of innovative therapies that expand the frontier of oncology research. Our client is seeking to hire an oncology medical professional to play a critical strategic role in developing new biologic compounds across various immuno-therapy cancer indications. You will work with an exceptional team of experienced industry professionals and gain tremendous global Clinical R&D experience in the hottest area in cancer patient care. We have worked very closely with this Company for the past few years and have helped them hire a number of key medical people. They have a reputation for treating their employees very well, and the total compensation package will be highly attractive.
Other Attractive Features about this Company & Opportunity:
Best of Both Worlds: Work for an organization that uniquely combines the reach and resources of a major global Pharma with the agility of a successful Biotech company, which lends itself to significant internal growth/advancement opportunity for you.
Gain Top-notch Immuno-Oncology Experience: Work in the hottest area in oncology drug discovery & development and for a company on the forefront of immune-therapy treatments/patient care.
Impressive R&D Organization: You will work for a company whose R&D organization is considered among the most productive in the industry.
Attractive Compensation Package: Our client offers a highly attractive total compensation package that includes a generous base salary, strong annual bonus, long-term incentives (stock options, grants), top-tier benefits including a savings and investment program (matching 401k, etc.)
Location: NJ Metro Area
Relocation: A relocation package is available for qualifying candidates.
In a nutshell, some of the key responsibilities of this role will include: providing oncology or hematology medical expertise into Clinical development strategy (phases I-III), designing/developing Clinical plans, statistical design/analysis, interpreting Clinical study results, building effective relationships with internal/external partners (alliance partners, regulatory authorities, university/scientific associations), etc.
- Develop and execute the global medical plan and provide medical insight into strategic plans.
- Design and develop Clinical plans and protocols based on knowledge of the asset, disease area and science in order to meet regulatory and disease strategy targets.
- Work closely with the Medical lead, team members, stakeholders and governance bodies to translate protocol strategy into objectives and action plans.
- Execute the development of the Clinical strategy for studies and projects with a focus on innovative design, medical execution and interpretations in collaboration with individual study clinicians.
- Apply medical and Clinical development knowledge to transform Clinical research ideas into high-quality Clinical
- Identify and build relationships with principal investigators, and cultivate thought leaders in order to gain their inputs on emerging science in drug and biomarker research, disease knowledge and design of Clinical development studies and programs.
- Develop protocol team objectives and priorities to manage workload in a cross functional matrix protocol team. Collaborate effectively with internal colleagues in key account Strategic Planning to ensure the information needs from managed markets healthcare professionals are met.
- Contribute to Health Authority interactions and build key external relationships.
- Medical Degree is preferred, but will also consider PhD with relevant experience.
- Subspecialty training in oncology and/or hematology is strongly preferred.
- Relevant Clinical research/development experience in oncology and/or hematology working at a pharmaceutical/biotech company. Specific expertise in immune-based therapies for cancer and execution of Clinical trials, ability to evaluate scientific data, etc.
- Experience working with key thought leaders in the oncology area.
Brian C. Skurka | Director
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP, LLC – www.cornerstonesg.com
Life Sciences Executive Search
6 Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054