RETAINED SEARCH: Head of Global Drug Safety Operations | Successful & Expanding Rare Diseases Specialty Biopharma | San Francisco Area
Summary of Position & Opportunity:
This is a highly visible global leadership role where you will have a chance to assess, improve and build-out the Global Drug Safety Operations Team for this very successful Rare and Orphan Diseases Specialty Biopharma that is growing and expanding. You will be in a highly visible position reporting directly to the Head of Global Drug Safety, and you will lead a team of 35+ drug safety team members located in the US & EU.
This is a very attractive opportunity for an experienced Drug Safety Operations professional seeking a position where they can lead, direct and manage the entire Drug Safety Operations team on a Global Scale with an established and expanding specialty and mid-sized biopharma company already generating billions in annual revenues and that also has a strong early & later-stage development pipeline too.
This opportunity has so much to offer: challenge, visibility, impact, global scale, leadership, management, established and expanding company, attractive pipeline, collaborative and relaxed working culture/environment and more.
Confidentiality: All inquiries, submissions & communications are treated as confidential information.
Location: San Francisco area
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available for qualifying candidates.
Attractive Features about this Newly Created Opportunity and Position include:
- Rare/Orphan Diseases: Join a very successful & expanding Rare Diseases Specialty Biopharma
- Visibility: report directly to the Head of Global Drug Safety
- Impact: Head-up Drug Safety Operations Team, and lead the strategies & plans for Global Team
- Advancement: Very attractive time to join this expanding Biopharma in a highly visible impact role
- Leadership: Direct and manage a Global Drug Safety Team of 35+ in multiple locations in the US & EU
- Culture: Enjoy a challenging and rewarding position within a relaxed and collaborative working environment
- Education: BS/BA required and an advanced life sciences degree is plus (PhD, PharmD, MS)
- Drug Safety Operations: proven drug safety operations management track record
- Systems: experience with one or more of the leading drug safety systems, i.e. ARGUS, ARISg
- Management: proven track record of successfully directly managing professionals
- Leadership: proven track record of developing and implementing strategic plans to improve drug safety operations efficiencies and effectiveness
- Communication skills: strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation skills)
- Travel: capability and willingness to travel up to 40% domestically (US) and internationally (EU)
Cliff Miras | Managing Partner
Phone: 973-656-0220 x711
Lavinia Rodriguez | Executive Search Consultant
Phone: 973-656-0220 x740
Keywords: CA, California, SFO, San Francisco, Argus, ARISg, Oracle, AE, Adverse Event, SAE, Serious Adverse Event, PADER, Periodic Adverse Drug Experience Report, DSUR, Development Safety Update Report, FDA, case review, safety report, PVG, pharmacovigilance, risk management, PSUR, Periodic Safety Update Report, QPPV, Qualified Person Responsible for Pharmacovigilance