Head, Field HEOR Liaison Team (build team from scratch) – Home-based Anywhere in USA – Fast-Growing Mid-Size Pharma: RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone Search Group’s Market Access/HEOR Specialty Practice has been retained by a fast-growing, mid-size, pharmaceutical company to help their Head of HQ HEOR hire an accomplished professional to build and manage a newly-created Field HEOR Liaison team. Our client has a multi-therapeutic portfolio including oncology and rare disease drugs and biologics. This leadership position is very attractively home-based.
Location: This position is home-based anywhere in the USA.
Attractive Features About This Opportunity:
- This is a rare opportunity to build a Field HEOR team from scratch.
- This role will not have territory responsibilities.
- This leadership position is not HQ-based. You can live anywhere in the USA.
- This leadership position reports directly to the Head of HEOR rather than into a Field-Based Medical or Managed Care department as in many other companies.
- This company is doing very well. They’ve enjoyed multiple years of double digit sales increases.
- We know the hiring manager and this person’s manager for many years and both individuals are personable, grounded, experienced, very smart, and that their people like to work for them as they are both fair and open-minded.
- A terminal degree (PharmD, PhD, MD) is not Skills and experience are most important, so a relevant MS/MPH will suffice.
- This is a multiple therapeutic area company whose portfolio includes Oncology and Rare Disease. And such therapeutic area experience is not
Responsibilities In A Nutshell:
- Develop the vision/mission, strategy, deployment and alignment of the Field HEOR Liaison team that you will be building from scratch.
- Work closely with the headquarters-based HEOR team to build and refine strategic evidence plans, providing a feedback loop from the field and customers to inform in-house research plans as well as other evidence planning across R&D and Medical Affairs.
- Assist in designing strategies to educate and deliver original HEOR research, pioneering approaches and customer-centric project outputs to external stakeholders.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for communicating the value proposition (clinical, economic, humanistic) with healthcare decision-makers and payers and institutions, such as MCOs, employer groups, gov’t and institutional payers, hospitals, IDNs, PBMs, ACOs, and GPOs.
- Provide leadership and direction to the field team on engaging with decision makers for scientific collaboration on, and communication of, HEOR studies.
- Foster a collaborative working structure with other customer-facing colleagues on process, ways of working and day-to-day account relationships.
- Responsible for operational excellence (i.e. adherence to policy).
- Interface with Med Info to support customer HEOR questions in a timely manner.
- Support key scientific, payer, and institutional conferences by representing the company from a HEOR perspective.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to ensure the team adheres to compliance and regulatory guidelines.
Skills & Experiences Sought:
- Doctorate or Master’s, ideally with training in Public Health, Health Policy, Outcomes Research, Economics, Epi, or related.
- Prior experience managing HQ-based or Field-based HEOR personnel is a plus.
- Prior experience with field-based HEOR activities in the US, either in a dedicated field HEOR liaison role or in an in-house role that involved significant customer interaction.
- Team player mentality, a service-oriented approach, and a solution-oriented mindset.
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Sr. Partner – Co-Lead, Market Access/HEOR Practice
Rita Boyle | Partner – Co-Lead, Market Access/HEOR Practice
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA
CH: 41 61 508 7010
Cornerstone’s Recent Search Assignments:
- VP, Head of RWE – major pharma – New Jersey
- EVP, CMO – clinical-stage oncology biopharma – Boston Area
- VP, Global Market Access, Oncology – major pharma – New Jersey
- AD, Field-Based HEOR – West Region – mid-size pharma
- VP, Manufacturing Sciences & Technology – biotech - Europe
- VP, Head of Clinical Development – clinical-stage oncology biopharma – Boston Area
- SVP, Head of Oncology Global Medical Affairs – mid-size Global pharma – New Jersey
- ED, Clinical Development, Oncology – small Global pharma – New Jersey
Keywords: HOR Health Outcomes Research GHE Health Economics Medical Outcomes Liaison GHOSR HECOR HE&OR health economics outcomes research