Head, Clinical Site Management/Monitoring (build from scratch) | Home-based Anywhere in USA | Oncology | Fast Growing Biotech (publicly traded): RETAINED SEARCH
This is a very attractive newly-created leadership position where you will get to build your own Clinical Site Monitoring team from scratch and create the vision for this new department. You will be in charge of both the “big picture” oversight/strategy, as well the “hands-on” activities, and have the ability to directly impact company strategy at the highest level. This Head of Clinical Site Monitoring will provide strategic and operational leadership for monitoring activities conducted within the Company’s oncology portfolio. You will be an important member of the Clinical Operations Leadership Team and in conducting a Global Phase 3 registrational study for the company’s lead asset to treat breast cancer. As opposed to being a small fish in a big pond at a large organization, you will be a visible part of this company’s strategy, direction, and success.
Our client is an attractive, stable, and fast-growing biopharma company (publicly-traded) focused in oncology. This is a very exciting time within the organization, as they have been growing across a number of departments and are expanding with a few key strategic hires – including the company’s first Head of Clinical Site Monitoring. This is a great opportunity to join a young and exciting company at the ground-floor and have the ability to truly influence and impact the direction of the organization. This company has been attracting experienced and talented industry professionals and offers the “best of both worlds,” (i.e. small team comradery and a nimble, entrepreneurial environment where smart decisions are made quickly minus the red tape/bureaucracy, while also having the stability/resources/financial backing of its parent company with deep pockets to fund its Oncology development and pipeline).
Location: This is a home-based position where this person can be based anywhere in the United States.
Attractive Features about this Company & Opportunity:
- Unique “Building” Opportunity: This is a uniquely exciting “clean-slate opportunity” where you will have the autonomy to build your own team from the ground up (which already has approved headcount to hire 10+ people in this new group).
- Exciting Newly-Created Leadership Role: You will be the first person hired into this new leadership role, where you will have the opportunity to create what and how its footprint will look like within the organization, as well as setting the overall strategic vision for the department.
- “Best of Both Worlds” (small Biotech culture combined with stability and resources): The company offers all the attractive features sought with a quickly growing entrepreneurial Biotech (small team comradery, high-impact, agility, quick decision-making, minimal bureaucracy) without the typical risks associated with a “start-up.” Our client offers a flat organization structure with minimal layers of management, “red tape,” internal politics and bureaucracy which fosters more communications and swifter decision making (i.e. emphasis on progress and moving things forward).
- Visibility: This position is N-1 from the COO, and it will interact with multiple functional Heads/Sr. Leaders.
- Excellent Hiring Manager: You will report into an excellent hiring manager (whom we know personally) who is smart, personable, well-liked and well-respected.
- Great Time to Join: Now is a perfect time to join this company while they are at the ground-floor and an exciting inflection point as they are advancing into Phase 3 development with their lead asset.
- CEO’s Track Record of Success: The CEO has extensive leadership experience and an impressive track record of success in creating and leading successful biotech companies that are focused on developing treatments for life-threatening and debilitating diseases.
- Unique Culture & Forward Thinking Organization: a collegial, collaborative and enjoyable culture where people are highly engaged, smart, enthusiastic, and passionate about making a difference in the lives of cancer patients.
Education & Experience:
- An advanced degree in nursing, life sciences or related field is preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant and progressive experience in clinical monitoring and leadership gained working at a pharmaceutical and/or biotech company, or a CRO.
- A successful track record of hiring/building, developing, and leading a clinical site monitoring team/function, as well as having led strategic initiatives.
- Oncology experience is required; Phase 3 experience is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, to be self-motivated, and to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Willingness to work in a player-coach capacity (i.e. “hands-on”, roll-up-your-sleeves and pitch-in whenever necessary).
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% (at the most).
Brian Skurka, Director
firstname.lastname@example.org - P 973-656-0220 x738
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC
6 Campus Dive
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Keywords: Clinical Site Management, Global Site Management, Clinical Site Monitoring, Head, Senior Director, Sr. Director, Director, Executive Director, Associate Director, Clinical Operations, Lead, Monitoring Resource Management, Group Head, CRA, Clinical Research Associate, Regional Head, Site Head, Clinical Study Monitoring, Central Monitoring, Global Study Operations, Field Operations