Global HEOR Director, Real World Evidence | Highly Attractive Global Pharmaceutical Company: RETAINED SEARCH
This retained search is being conducted on behalf of a global pharmaceutical company that has many successfully marketed products as well as a rich pipeline. They have an impressive oncology and immuno-science portfolio across all stages of development. This is an excellent opportunity as this highly visible, hands-on role will serve as a Global Real World Evidence Lead to develop strategy, shape and champion RWE methodology indications and assets.
Other Attractive Features about this Company & Opportunity:
- This is a foundational role. In this newly created position, you will be the subject matter expert to their WW HEOR team, managing a broad scope of responsibilities, which include developing best in class RWE strategies.
- Global Pharmaceutical Company and a leader within Oncology.
- This company’s compensation policies, benefit programs, and relocation assistance enables them to attract and retain top tier talent.
- This is an exciting time to join their newly-created patient-focused research hub.
- This area of New Jersey is highly attractive because (1) it is near many other pharma companies; (2) it is accessible from both PA and NYC (by car or train) and (3) there are many towns nearby with highly-ranked school systems, negating the need for expensive private schools.
Responsibilities in a Nutshell:
- Our client is seeking an outstanding Real World Evidence (RWE) Lead to advance the planning, generation and delivery of real-world research in WW HEOR, working with the RWE ecosystem enterprise wide. The WW HEOR Lead RWE is a strategic and scientific role that involves developing, coordinating, and delivering cutting-edge, effective, and efficient real world evidence strategies for drug development and commercialization at a global level.
- The incumbent will ensure that RWE strategies are aligned with product strategic plans from matrix teams to achieve the vision of shaping the portfolio, demonstrating real-world benefit and securing and maintaining patient access.
- Provide strategic leadership to therapeutic area teams regarding the development of the RWE strategy, promotional and regulatory opportunities, support of DEX (early input to Development approaches/decisions), working with stakeholders in R&D and Commercial.
- Provide essential specialist guidance and direction to project teams, senior leaders, and other colleagues, ensuring optimal management of high-impact RWE opportunities and risks.
- The Lead RWE will lead development of consensus among diverse scientific, technical, and business experts at the global level to ensure scientific quality and timely, cost-effective project delivery while adhering to ethical requirements and responding to business needs.
- These responsibilities require an extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry with broad and deep knowledge of RWE activities and how they relate to product development and commercialization processes at all life-cycle stages and the ability to influence internal partners and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and play a key role in disseminating the findings of RWE through scientific journals, regulatory dossiers, and press releases.
- External engagement to help shape standards and policies for effective RWE delivery on a global basis is a priority.
- Continuously improve internal processes and planning to capture RWE across the company’s drug portfolio in development and commercialization programs.
- Identify touch-points in processes and aid program leads in deciding on integration of RWE measures in programs/studies.
- Ensure visibility of the RWE by becoming a “go to” point to ensure optimal integration of RWE in development and commercialization programs.
- Define best practices relating to the integration of RWE practices.
- Identify, track, and participate in global external collaborations regarding policies, standards, and use of RWE.
- Working with stakeholders, help identify data sources and methods of data collection appropriate for the company’s portfolio to deliver cutting-edge RWE.
- Lead and integrate WW HEOR/VAP efforts to deploy RWE in the regulatory approval processes world wide.
- Participate in creating and delivering education on RWE for internal business partners.
- Continuously improve processes for working with vendors and set standards for preferred suppliers to ensure quality and timely deliverables.
- Ensure standards are in place for all deliverables.
- Promote vision of the RWE throughout the organization.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- D. or equivalent degree in a relevant field of study (e.g., epidemiology, health service research, outcomes research, health economics) or M.D., Pharm.D. coupled with a master’s degree.
- 5+ years related experience either for a pharma company, a pharma consulting
- Experienced with RWE requirements for regulatory and HTA/reimbursement agencies, including FDA/EMA RWE policies.
- Strong record of publication in RWE.
- Experience in the development and validation of RWE standards.
- Understanding of health care markets and regulatory and reimbursement decision making, especially in relation to the global use of real-world data.
- Understanding of evolving concepts in the development and use RWE, especially in the context of health economics and outcomes research.
- Technical competency in econometrics or statistics with ability to translate analytic skill into strategic vision of relevance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, with ability to engage stakeholders from operations through executive levels.
- Ability to work effectively in small teams or independently.
- Ability to interact with and manage internal and external networks.
Rita Boyle, Partner, Co-Lead Market Access & HEOR Practice
973.656.0220 ext. 735 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC
Life Sciences Executive Search
6 Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054
Keywords: Health Economics and Outcomes Research HEOR HE&OR HOPE HOR GHEOR GHOSR RWE RWD, real world evidence, real-world data, real world outcomes data, data-analysis, meta-analysis