Global HEOR Director/Associate Director, PRO (Patient-Reported Outcomes)
Highly Attractive Global Pharmaceutical Company: RETAINED SEARCH
This retained search is being conducted on behalf of a global pharmaceutical company that has many successfully marketed products as well as a rich pipeline. They have an impressive oncology and immuno-science portfolio across all stages of development. This is an excellent opportunity as this highly visible, hands-on role will serve as a Global PRO (Patient-Reported Outcomes) Lead to develop strategy, shape and champion PRO methodology indications and assets.
Other Attractive Features about this Company & Opportunity:
- This is a foundational role. In this newly created position, you will be the subject matter expert to their WW HEOR team, managing a broad scope of responsibilities, which include developing best in class PRO strategies.
- Global Pharmaceutical Company and a leader within Oncology.
- This company’s compensation policies, benefit programs, and relocation assistance enables them to attract and retain top tier talent.
- This is an exciting time to join their newly-created patient-focused research hub.
- This area of New Jersey is highly attractive because (1) it is near many other pharma companies; (2) it is accessible from both PA and NYC (by car or train) and (3) there are many towns nearby with highly-ranked school systems, negating the need for expensive private schools.
Title: The title of Director or Associate Director will be awarded depending upon depth, quality, and type of experience/education.
Responsibilities in a Nutshell:
- Responsible for ensuring the implementation of optimal PRO strategy in relevant protocols. This includes managing research required to support the selection, development, and validation of PRO measures, including qualitative research. Provide protocol language, analysis plans, and guides for interpretation of findings.
- Maximize the impact of evidence of treatment benefit by providing input to briefing packages, publication strategies, and market access strategy.
- Be an ambassador for the PRO Team and promote the importance of PRO Team’s role to quantitative and qualitative PRO across the organization.
- Prepare relevant sections of documents and communications for regulatory agency meetings, support and/or participate in said meetings at regulatory agencies, and provide robust evidence in support of submission activities.
- Prepare abstracts and manuscripts presenting PRO results from clinical trials as well as PRO development and validation studies that are aligned with publication strategy.
- At direction of the Head of PRO, participate in global external collaborations regarding policies, standards, and use of PRO measures (e.g., PRO Consortium, BIO PFDD Task Force, PRO-CTCAE working group, EuroQol Group, ISPOR working groups).
- Participate in creating and delivering education on PRO measures for internal business partners.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- D. or equivalent degree in a relevant field of study (e.g., psychology, psychometrics, outcomes research, public health) or M.D., Pharm.D, coupled with a master’s degree.
- 2-8 years of pharma-related experience either for a pharma company, a pharma consulting company, or in academic research focused on the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experienced with PRO requirements for regulatory and HTA/reimbursement agencies, including understanding of the FDA Patient Reported Outcomes Guidance.
- Knowledge of development and validation of PRO measures.
- Understanding of health care markets and regulatory and reimbursement decision making, especially in relation to the global use of PRO data.
- Be abreast of rapidly changing methodological and regulatory environment with regard to PRO.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills with regard to qualitative and quantitative data.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to understand and communicate with representatives from the range of disciplines.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects as well as balance workload and timelines. Able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to interact with and manage internal and external networks.
Rita Boyle, Partner, Co-Lead Market Access & HEOR Practice
973.656.0220 ext. 735 | email@example.com
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC
Life Sciences Executive Search
6 Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054
Keywords: Health Economics and Outcomes Research HE&OR HOPE HOR GHEOR GHOSR PRO COA, patient-reported, patient reported outcomes, QoL, quality of life, survey cancer quality-of-life, clinical outcomes assessment