RETAINED SEARCH: Global Commercial Head – API Unit (Sales, Marketing, P&L, global reports)
Fast-Growing $1Bn+ Pharma | New Jersey
Cornerstone Search Group has been retained by a fast-growing, stable and unique mid-size global pharma company for a critical Commercial leadership position that is responsible globally for our client’s fast-growing API business across Sales & Marketing. This position, which reports to the President of the Global API business, has P&L responsibility and you will have direct (not in-direct) reports around the world.
This New Jersey-based position is global in scope/responsibility (US, EU, LatAm, Asia, Africa, Russia/CIS, etc.) and will support both in-house and external capabilities. While many companies have had regulatory/quality difficulties with their API offerings, our client enjoys a very good reputation for quality and for making sure their customers received their API in the time and amounts they’ve been promised.
Attractive Features about this Opportunity:
- High Visibility: As this is a mid-sized company, you will have interaction with the C-suite and have the ability to truly impact/influence the API business.
- Global Scope: While many API commercial leadership roles are regionally focused, this opportunity has ownership across the globe. And this position attractively has direct reports around the world. There isn’t the dual reporting structure that exists at many other companies.
- Corporate Culture: We have helped this Company hire a number of people in executive and senior leadership positions and we know first-hand from them that they enjoy this company’s focus on fast, common-sense, ethical decision-making. They allow their leadership team the freedom to create and execute on ideas and are looking to bring in a highly qualified professional that can continue to grow the business.
- Company Stability & Growth: This Company generates significant annual revenues and profits and has been growing quickly and steadily for many years.
- Strong Leadership: Proven executive leadership that is highly engaged, emotionally even-keeled, entrepreneurial, and committed to creating an environment where top-notch people can get the job done right.
Location: New York / New Jersey metro area
Relocation Assistance: Yes
- Strategic leadership across global markets, assuring solid financial judgment (full P&L and balance sheet responsibility) is applied to all API commercial business decisions.
- Manage a team of Regional Leaders and oversee an overall team of ~25 FTEs.
- Develop continued growth strategies/plans (new product development, new therapy area identification, new business extensions, etc.).
- Build and grow sustainable, demand-led businesses across all global regions.
- Develop and execute well-defined business strategies and capitalize on untapped business opportunities.
- Design and implement corporate strategy for geographical scoping, new market entry and new product introduction in affiliates leading to revenue growth for each region.
- Recognize trends and issues and adapt as required, responding with speed and flexibility, and seizing opportunities that are in alignment with corporate objectives.
- Effectively network to build positive relationships across the organization and ensure smooth working across a cross-functional matrix organization where decision processes are fluid and different stakeholders need to be engaged.
- Anticipate the complexities of the external environment (political and cultural) in which affiliates operate and manage accordingly. Work with the corporate strategy team to develop and execute a sound business plan for the company - immediate operating period and long range plans.
- Play a key role in formulating and executing major policies, programs and objectives to promote and ensure the company’s continuing success and growth.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10-15+ years of relevant commercial/business related experience.
- API experience is required.
- Experience in the US market is required.
- Direct report experience including direct or indirect report experience with people located in other geographic regions. This position will lead a team of ~25, with direct reports around the world.
Tom Fascia | Partner
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Life Sciences Executive Search
6 Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA
CH: 41 61 508 7010
Recent Searches for our Pharma & Biotech Clients:
- EVP, R&D & CMO
- Chief Scientific Officer
- SVP, Global Head of Oncology Medical Affairs
- SVP, Global Head of Quality – Biologics
- Executive Medical Director, Oncology (US Board Certified Oncologist)
- General Counsel
- Director, Global HEOR (TA Head)
- Director, Global Clinical Operations