Executive Director, Global Marketing – Design Market and Asset Acquisition Strategy, Dynamic Biotech, Neurology Rare Disease: RETAINED SEARCH
Summary: Our client is one of the most attractive and high-performing biotech companies in the industry, recently rated by a leading publication as one of the fastest growing companies in the country and a top innovator with demonstrated success in the dynamic rare disease/neurology market. They are seeking an experienced Executive Director of Global Marketing to architect their marketing and asset acquisition strategy. Reporting directly to the SVP, the role has very high growth potential, and is a lucrative opportunity for a deeply skilled leader with a strong marketing background and a strategic understanding of the neuro marketplace. You will be responsible for providing leadership and setting the global neurology strategy, including partnering with regions and key countries for success, driving cross-functional initiatives. This is a dynamic, fast-paced, patient centered organization which offers highly competitive compensation, and is eager to hire a collaborative leader for this high visibility, critical role. You must have a collaborative, “we” vs “I” leadership style, and demonstrated ability to build global and interdepartmental relationships, while remaining a strong voice at the table. Our client is ready to provide the resources needed to support the success of a game-changer who can be highly impactful.
Location: Boston, MA. A strong relocation package will be offered.
Compensation: Compensation is highly competitive. Package will vary and depend on the depth and quality of relevant work experience and accomplishments. This includes a strong bonus and Long Term Incentive/stock.
Attractive features about this position and company:
- Stability & Growth: Our client has a strong multi-therapeutic pipeline, is publicly traded, and has revenue generating marketed products.
- Visibility: A challenging, highly-visible role, requiring independent execution and very strong growth potential.
- Impact: Our client is committed to building a strong pipeline; this role is a major voice in that initiative and will be a welcome collaborator.
- Innovative Company: Unique biotech company in the dynamic rare disease space, recently ranked as one of the most innovative companies in the US.
- Unique Culture: This company is purposeful in driving an empowerment culture. Enjoy the stability of an established profitable company, with an environment that values and seeks leaders with insightful, entrepreneurial thinking.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the Executive Director of Global Marketing is responsible for driving the development and implementation of the commercial and marketing strategy for the CNS/Neurology business. This critical leadership role will be responsible for setting the global marketing strategy, assessing and building the team, and driving the growth of existing, ready to launch and pipeline products. New products and acquired assets will fall under the purview of this leader. This role will have significant scope, and the Executive Director of Global Marketing should have the vision to drive the neurology line of business to company-leading status. An essential element of success is a demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate to align cross-functional and cross-geography interests, on a domestic and global scale. Depth of understanding of the neuro competitive landscape is essential, and preparedness to recommend assets for company acquisition is important. The Executive Director of Global Marketing, Neurology will be a high profile position with the opportunity to make a significant impact.
- Develop a global growth strategy for neurology
- Recommend global life-cycle management of inline assets as well as partnership opportunities
- Define future investments to maximize the opportunity
- Prepare and drive upcoming therapeutic launch, including global marketing strategies (e.g. positioning, messaging, branding, medical education programs, market research)
- Provide leadership to direct team of 2 marketing professionals, expanding as needed to deliver on strategy
- Partner with regions and key countries to drive local adaptation and execution of strategies
- Partner with global commercial insights to conduct highly innovative research/analytics to help identify key business dynamics, behavioral barriers, segmentation, competitive positioning, and triggers/barriers to patient identification and demand generation
- Support development and measurement of mid- and long-term global forecasts
- Establish process for leveraging best practices globally
- Lead development of the global strategic planning (3 yr./1 yr.), including global tactical plans and budget allocation
- 10+ years related experience in the biotechnology industry, with multiple roles in neurology
- Proven, consistent history of leading teams to high performance in sales/marketing/business development, within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Significant commercial experiences, with demonstrated success in marketing leadership at a regional, national or global level is crucial
- Strong understanding of the neurology marketplace with the ability to identify potential assets and paths for growth
- Rare disease/high-value biologics experience is desired, but not essential
- Broad knowledge of geographical market/P&R/macro-level trends that may influence business strategies and results
- Strong scientific orientation and background
- High learning agility and ability to be a proactive, self-determined leader is ideal
- Comfort with “start up”, company build scenarios and dynamic change is highly valuable
- Demonstrated success developing and leading teams, with strong collaborative style
- High level of interpersonal skills and highly adept in both verbal & written communication
- Launch experiences
- Expert at creating buy-in among various levels, cultures and functions
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or business field
Cornerstone Search Group considers all inquiries, resume submissions, and any other personal information submitted/shared with us as confidential information. Any information provided/shared with us will not be shared with any parties outside of Cornerstone Search Group without your prior permission.
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA
CH: 41 61 508 7010