CMO (Oncology) | Report to CEO | Unique: Lead Discovery & Development (100+) | Novel Products Later (Phase 3) & Early Stages (Phases 1/2) | Boston Area
Reporting directly to the CEO, this is a very unique CMO opportunity that leads both development and discovery too (established team of 100+ professionals in multiple development and discovery functional areas). You will direct the development of the Company’s lead product currently in multiple Phase 3 studies (Orphan Drug Status for multiple indications), and its other promising products in both later stages (Phase 3), early stages (Phase 1/2), and pre-clinical assets too.
In addition to being a unique CMO position, the attractiveness of this opportunity also includes: a) working for/with a CEO that has a very successful track record working in big pharma and biotech, b) working for/with a Company that offers the “best of both worlds,” i.e. working for a very well financed Company that maintains an agile “start-up” culture: makes quick decisions and fosters a collegial environment, c) working for a Company that is considered a major leader in its particular R&D field of cancer therapeutics, as noted by its active pipeline of multiple later stage and early stage products already in development, d) great Boston area location and much more.
This is a great match for a CMO candidate seeking an opportunity where he/she can make a real impact and significant contributions that will help take this established R&D Oncology Company to the next level, i.e. help the Company receive its 1st FDA drug approval, determine regulatory strategies and pathways for products in early stages of development for additional FDA approvals, selecting/prioritizing pre-clinical products/assets to advance into development, contributing to product launch strategy discussions and decisions.
- Unique opportunity: This is a CMO opportunity where you will lead both development and discovery
- Impact: You will be the #2 person in the Company reporting directly to the CEO
- Strategy: Evaluate and determine development strategies, and direct and lead execution of the same
- Leadership: Direct an established team of 100+ development & discovery professionals
- Science: Company is considered a major leader on the R&D forefront for these new cancer treatments
- Pipeline: Exciting novel later stage products (Phase 3), early stage (Phase 1/2) & pre-clinical assets too
- Location: Attractive Boston, MA area location
- Best of both worlds: A very well financed company with a start-up’s culture, i.e. agility & comradery
- CEO’s track record: CEO has a strong track record of success in both large pharma and biotech
- Competitive compensation: Company will offer a very competitive compensation package that will include base, bonus, a comprehensive benefits package and more
Cornerstone Search Group considers all inquiries, resume submissions, and any other personal information submitted to us as confidential information. This information will not to be shared with any parties outside of Cornerstone Search Group without your prior permission.
- Education: MD/PhD or MD
- Certification: Board Certified Oncologist highly preferred
- Track Record: 15+ years of progressive & successful oncology drug development experience
- Leadership: Successful track record of evaluating, establishing, communicating & executing strategies
- Management: Successful record of directing, developing & mentoring medical & scientific professionals
- Communication: Very strong communication skills, i.e. oral, writing and presentation skills
- Fit/match: A hands-on leader, a doer, i.e. willing to roll his/her sleeves if necessary to “pitch in”
Cliff Miras | Managing Partner | Cornerstone Search Group
Chief Medical Officer, Chief Scientific Officer, CSO, EVP, SVP, VP, Vice President, President, drug development, clinical development, regulatory affairs, medical affairs, phase, study, trial, FDA, NDA, IND