Associate Director, Scientific Communications:
Stable, Publicly-Traded Biopharma w/ Marketed Product
Morris County NJ – accessible from NYC, NY, PA and Central NJ
Our client is an exciting and stable biopharma with a marketed product that has a newly-created position for an Associate Director of Scientific Communications. In this role you will have the opportunity to work within a fast-paced department with the ability to directly impact the team immediately. You will report directly to the Head of Sci Com, who is highly regarded within the organization.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone that is looking to take the next step in their career, whether it is from a Manager-level role within Industry or someone looking to make the jump to Pharma from the Agency side. Our client offers a smaller company culture that allows for more creativity and opportunity to grow from within. There is not the typical political/corporate hold-up that usually exists within a mid to larger size company. Furthermore, you will gain all-encompassing Sci Com experience as opposed to experience that can often times be segmented across a larger group.
Attractive Features about this Opportunity:
- Best of Both Worlds: Our client couples the attractive features of a biotech with the advantages of being a publicly-traded, revenue-producing company with a rich late stage pipeline.
- This Company Makes a Difference in People’s Lives: Our client focuses on drugs for acute care / surgical settings.
- Share in This Company’s Success: This company wants their people to share in the success with generous long-term incentives and an ESOP plan.
- Ideal Location: People commute to this Company not only from Northern and Central New Jersey, but also from New York City, Westchester, and Pennsylvania. This attractive area of New Jersey is home to many pharmaceutical, biotech, and Fortune 500 companies. Some of the best school systems in the state are in the surrounding areas, eliminating the expense of sending children to private school. In addition, there are a range of housing options including New York City, smaller New Jersey urban areas (e.g. Morristown, Summit, Montclair), classic suburbia (Bridgewater, Basking Ridge, Randolph), and “horse country” (Mendham, Bernardsville).
Title: Associate Director, Scientific Communications
- Supervise, interact and manage medical communication agencies and collaborate with internal stakeholders as well as external authors and academic experts.
- Serve as an internal resource across scientific data and current literature.
- Coordinate and effectively communicate with coauthors and internal resources with the goal of driving successful publications.
- Execute compliant publication plans and support needs of internal stakeholders including medical health sciences, medical affairs, clinical operations, and business development.
- Update internal and external stakeholders, including weekly status reports, quarterly steering committee meetings and presentations as needed.
- Oversee the preparation of high quality abstracts, posters, slide decks, and manuscripts by external vendors.
- Liaise with medical directors, biostatisticians, safety experts, and health economists as well as external opinion leaders, investigators, authors and journal editors.
- Develop and update medical training materials as needed.
- Perform literature searches as needed.
- Develop, review and update scientific communications documents, such as slide decks and evidence summaries as needed.
- Plan Advisory Boards as needed.
Compensation / Benefits: Compensation includes salary, an annual bonus, and long-term incentives (this is a public company and their stock vests aggressively), and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Location: Northern, New Jersey. People commute here not only from Northern and Central New Jersey, but also from New York City, Westchester, and Pennsylvania. This attractive area is home to many pharmaceutical, biotech, and Fortune 500 companies. Some of the best school systems in the state are in the surrounding areas, eliminating the expense of sending children to private school. In addition, there are a range of housing options including New York City, smaller New Jersey urban areas (e.g. Morristown, Summit, Montclair), classic suburbia (Bridgewater, Basking Ridge, Randolph), and “horse country” (Mendham, Bernardsville).
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant experience within Pharma/Biotech and/or Agency.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collegial environment where you will be held accountable.
- Strong understanding of Good Publication Practices and ICJME guidelines.
- Proven presentation skills.
- Ability to provide peer review of manuscript.
- Knowledge of publications tracking systems.
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA
CH: 41 61 508 7010